New router for the house

Jayanth Shivaprakash

Mar 25, 2014, 3:22:56 PM3/25/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

If you haven't noticed...our wireless has been difficult the last year or so. Myself and Mike have been talking about getting a new router for some time and wanted to get everyone's feelings on splitwising one.

Here is the advantages of a better router:
  • Increased wireless range
  • More devices can be hooked up on the wireless router
  • Less getting booted off from wireless
Both Mike and Andy Santiago (Fargo) have taken the liberty of finding a router that will fit our needs

Price is $125....in my mind its well worth it and I know Mike is in favor of it to.

Let me know what you guys think

Jay

B Parkhurst

Mar 25, 2014, 3:33:30 PM3/25/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
As someone who loves this stuff and ideally I would be all for it, but honestly I don't really have any issues with the wireless currently (atleast recently I think it has been pretty good). I'm not sure what it is like during the day using it for long period of time though.

If everyone else is down, I will split it. Also who gets said router when we move out?

Jayanth Shivaprakash

Mar 25, 2014, 3:37:11 PM3/25/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
Good question about who would get the router when we move out....we can sell it to microcenter when we move out

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM, B Parkhurst <b.park...@gmail.com> wrote:
As someone who loves this stuff and ideally I would be all for it, but honestly I don't really have any issues with the wireless currently (atleast recently I think it has been pretty good). I'm not sure what it is like during the day using it for long period of time though.

If everyone else is down, I will split it. Also who gets said router when we move out?

Michael Raimondi

Mar 25, 2014, 3:43:42 PM3/25/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
my biggest problem with the wireless is that i don't get it consistently in my room.  Also, the chromecast has issues when watching HBO sometimes, but I can't say for sure whether that is a router problem or not.  i have heard other people complain about getting booted off occasionally.

Derek Hall

Mar 25, 2014, 4:14:27 PM3/25/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
I'm fine with this.  I've noticed the internet cutting out sometimes

Kat

Mar 26, 2014, 8:12:57 AM3/26/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't comcast provide a replacement wireless router for free?

Sent from my iPhone

Jayanth Shivaprakash

Mar 26, 2014, 3:28:03 PM3/26/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
No, they only give a modem. Plus they give crappy routers that are basically cover a studio apartment

Derek Hall

Mar 26, 2014, 3:36:40 PM3/26/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
that email is a contradiction

Jayanth Shivaprakash

Mar 26, 2014, 3:38:40 PM3/26/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
Sorry they do not give routers...just modems.

Derek Hall

Mar 26, 2014, 4:00:21 PM3/26/14
to house...@googlegroups.com
sorry i was just being a smartass