Re: Oktoberfest

Derek Hall

Aug 26, 2013, 3:35:47 PM8/26/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
supplement email.  Check out the official Oktoberfest website its hilarious.

officially licensed lederhosen!

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Derek Hall <derek.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys,

So the official start of Oktoberfest is September 21, and we have a sweet (and recently cleaned) back yard that resembles a Beer Garden.  I'm hoping to plan an Oktoberfest party involving beer, brats, and an all-day backyard party with friends.  I'm gone every weekend in September except for the 21st, and the weather should still be nice then,

Just wanted to get everyone's buy-in and opinion before I start inviting people.

Derek

Derek Hall

Aug 26, 2013, 3:34:20 PM8/26/13
to house...@googlegroups.com

B Parkhurst

Aug 27, 2013, 11:16:31 AM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
Wooohooo party, beer steins, polka music, silly hats, bratwursts and general disarray!

Kat Collins

Aug 27, 2013, 11:36:28 AM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
DO IT !! I am volunteering/running a 5mile Big Bad Wolf race for Wolf Hollow at noon that day but ill try and make it home to see everyone in Lederhosen
 ..... http://www.vertraceseries.com/bigbadwolf/
You guys are welcome to register for this, tell your friends.

  Also more wolf things:

The Annual Reggae Fund Raiser

Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Presenting the award winning Reggae Band - JAH SPIRIT

Enjoy a pleasant afternoon with the wolves of Wolf Hollow, have a snack from food vendors and a beer from Mercury Brewing Tap Mobile. Lots of activities for children.
Bring a lawn chair and blanket.

Admission: $10.00 for Adults, $5.00 for Children, Under 10 - Free

Harvest Moon Howl Night

Friday, September 20, 2013 - Gates Open at 6:00 PM
Presentation at 6:30 PM

Admission: $7.50 for Adults, $5.00 for Children, Under 3 - Free

Derek Hall

Aug 27, 2013, 11:38:54 AM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
Stop jacking my thread Kat!

Kat

Aug 27, 2013, 12:36:45 PM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
You had everyone's attention ... Sorry

Sent from my iPhone

B Parkhurst

Aug 27, 2013, 12:41:10 PM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
I will be hosting a bake sale that morning as well for all interested in gluten free snacks

Kat

Aug 27, 2013, 12:48:29 PM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
I thought that was sooo two weeks ago for you

Sent from my iPhone

B Parkhurst

Aug 27, 2013, 1:02:45 PM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
ahhh but now all my gluten free treats will include copious amounts of halibut

Kat Collins

Aug 27, 2013, 1:18:08 PM8/27/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
fish treats.?
sounds odd.

B Parkhurst

Aug 28, 2013, 10:01:25 AM8/28/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
Can we call this party Okto-beer-fest?

Derek Hall

Aug 28, 2013, 10:09:45 AM8/28/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
lol sure..

B Parkhurst

Aug 28, 2013, 10:11:40 AM8/28/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
wooohoo. Alright, put me down as a maybe

Derek Hall

Aug 28, 2013, 10:12:00 AM8/28/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
lol asshole

Derek Hall

Sep 20, 2013, 11:50:46 AM9/20/13
to house...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Garment District opens at 9am tomorrow so I was thinking about going (with Mondi?) to get a couple pieces of flair.  I know Ben is planning to get meats and pretzels in the AM tomorrow as well.

I'm buying some more outdoor christmas lights so we can string them across the trees to the garage like a roof.  I'm going to prepay for the kegs tonight but pick them up at noon tomorrow so they're cold and fresh.

Derek