laser cutting

Gineer

Jul 12, 2017, 10:34:23 AM7/12/17
to house4hack
Hi all,
I'm having some laser cutting done soon and was wondering if anyone needed anything cut. We can maybe share the delivery fee?

I've been looking for an excuse to visit H4H and would have to to drop off any bits.

Let me know.

Regards

David

Izak Loubser

Jul 12, 2017, 10:55:30 AM7/12/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
David,

where do you have it done? i use joxisat in jacaranda weg in centurion, but maybe your place is better?

Regards
Izak

Gineer

Jul 13, 2017, 7:39:23 AM7/13/17
to house4hack
Hi Izak,
I normally have it done at ecolaser in the far south of Johannesburg. Been quite happy with their work and prices, and the fact that they generally source the material as part of the package. I've contacted a couple of other places but they want me to source the material that they will cut.

I'm also investigating madeinworkshop.co.za at the moment, but they seem to be a bit slow in responding to emails so far.

Give me an email address to your guys. Maybe I'll give them a call too. Have you been happy with the stuff you get from them?

Thanks
David

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Gineer <gin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm having some laser cutting done soon and was wondering if anyone needed anything cut. We can maybe share the delivery fee?

I've been looking for an excuse to visit H4H and would have to to drop off any bits.

Let me know.

Regards

David

Regards
Izak

Quentin Harley

Jul 13, 2017, 7:50:16 AM7/13/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
I have been using Lazerwise in Silverton (yes... with a z) thus far. Good quality cutting at reasonable price except for the last job they did... Cuts came out a bit messy.  Suppose it was time for machine calibration.

photo
Quentin Harley
Founder, Morgan 3D Printers
p:+27120041883 | e:que...@morgan3dp.com | w:www.morgan3dp.com | a:4 Burger Ave, Lyttelton Manor, Centurion

Org Jansen van Rensburg

Jul 13, 2017, 7:53:43 AM7/13/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Joxisat :)

Izak Loubser

Jul 13, 2017, 8:04:19 AM7/13/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
Gineer,

i am happy with them:
  1. quality is good
  2. they provide the material
  3. they do bending in house - they have a cnc bender
  4. prices is good
  5. i provide them with 3d models and they unfold them - thus they carry the risk when parts do not fit
i must mention i often wait 2 to 3 weeks for my stuff, they have it lasered in kempton somewhere. of course they take care of the logistics and its already included in the price.

Regards
Izak