Lab power supply modules

Gert van den Berg

Oct 13, 2017, 1:09:44 AM10/13/17
to house4hack
Hi,

Basically a lab power supply module - add a case and nice connectors and a 36 - 40V power supply (lower will work if you do not need 32V outputs...) and you have a lab supply...

Input: >= 1.1*V_out; Input <= 40V
Output V: 0V - 32V
Output current: 0 - 3A

The manufacturer also have a whole range of other things:

A power supply to drive it would be useful to get... (Laptop supplies seems to work if you don't want to go too high on output....)

Some things that might be useful:
USB measurement

Adjustable power supply modules:

Fixed power supplies:
(Fixed outputs for common voltages on power supply is one use...)

Voltage and current (and sometimes power) measurement:
(Additional display? RC stuff?) (These all need a extra supply for the meter it seems)

Single function measurement:
(These all have minimum order quantities.... See their store for more...)

Others:

Possible input supplies: (Other sellers)

Some videos:
Some tests on 32V 3A supply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWAqSSLwBtw

Let me know if anyone wants to bring them in (I lack a decent postal address currently for stuff that involves customs...), I'll get at least one....

Gineer

Oct 16, 2017, 9:59:48 AM10/16/17
to house4hack
Yea, I saw these on EEVBlog (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw2AjcczHg4&t=24s). They seem quite good actually.

Anyone thinking of getting these? Wonder if microrobotics are planing to bring a couple in?

David

Jan-Hendrik Smit

Oct 16, 2017, 1:15:25 PM10/16/17
to house4hack

 Saw them on eevblog too , The signal path had a video about a sepic one (buck/boost) which could be nice for portable power.

I might buy one too. Just waiting for the first package to arrive in the pobox i opened recently.

Rogan Dawes

Oct 16, 2017, 1:22:57 PM10/16/17
to house4hack
AFAIK, they didn't get the greatest rating in terms of ripple.

Gert van den Berg

Oct 16, 2017, 1:34:54 PM10/16/17
to house4hack

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 7:22:57 PM UTC+2, Rogan Dawes wrote:
AFAIK, they didn't get the greatest rating in terms of ripple.

The one that EEVBlog tested (my last video link at the end) got around 110mV ripple at 3A output... (not sure about input and output voltages)

Certainly not a linear supply's clean power... Some filtering might help, but most things should be fine with that....

Jan-Hendrik Smit

Nov 27, 2017, 10:59:36 PM11/27/17
to house4hack
guess I'll wait until I order mine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rvAoO-MIA

Gert van den Berg

Nov 27, 2017, 11:01:39 PM11/27/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
That is the 50V one...

Jan-Hendrik Smit

Nov 29, 2017, 11:02:09 AM11/29/17
to house4hack
Is that the only one with the poor ceramic cap placement?

Gert van den Berg

Nov 29, 2017, 11:46:27 PM11/29/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Jan-Hendrik Smit wrote:
> Is that the only one with the poor ceramic cap placement?
>
> On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 06:01:39 UTC+2, Gert van den Berg wrote:
>>
>> That is the 50V one...

If you look at the manufacturer's comments, it might already be fixed
in new ones...

It seemed like that cap was added later - it might have been that that
model needed it for some part of the output range.

Gert

Gert van den Berg

Dec 1, 2017, 3:53:41 PM12/1/17
to house...@googlegroups.com
Have a look here...
https://youtu.be/VwdnGbI5ls8 (around the 2 min mark)

The manufacturer have responded brilliantly to the issue...