Project opportunity

1 view

Mike G

May 7, 2019, 1:15:27 PM5/7/19
to hou...@googlegroups.com
I was contacted to do a project that I don't have near enough time to take on (though I would love to take it).  The project is to take a VB system with a SQLServer back end, and convert it to a mobile-ready, web based application.  The caveat is that they want to do this in a modular fashion while integrating modules so that the existing app modules they use can still use the old capabilities from the existing  SQLServer  database while each of the new modules, with new capabilities and integration are coming online.  More than likely the upgrades will be done Department by Department, but a lot of up front planning will be required. At the end of the project, the old app will be taken offline and the new one completely used.  Most of the work will be View and Controller work with careful attention being paid to the Model so that the current system still works.

Its not a small project, as it will be replacing inventory, sales, CRM, billing, etc.

The company is in Houston and will likely want one on one face time with at least a project lead. If you are interested, and capable, send me a private email and I will get you contact info.  They do not have a preference for a programming language, only that the end result is web based, secure, and familiar and easy to use.

It doesn't look like a one person project, but a small team should not have a problem.

Mike G

Mark Davis

May 8, 2019, 4:37:20 PM5/8/19
to hou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for bringing this to the group Mike.

Would they be interested in hiring a company?  Shane Heasley and I both work for CF Webtools based out of Omaha.   We can supply PMs and devs as needed and they only pay for the time needed.

If so, have them contact Curt Lovegren with CFWT and he can start the conversation.

We have senior devs in many languages

Thanks
Mark

Mike G

May 10, 2019, 12:29:58 PM5/10/19
to hou...@googlegroups.com
I have had a few folks contact me, hope someone picks up the job!

Good Luck,