anyone use Jenkins for builds?

Mark Davis

Jun 7, 2018, 10:31:59 AM6/7/18
to hou...@googlegroups.com
Jenkins works great to grab a set of code from a repo (like svn) and move it to another server.   Here's what I am trying to do, and our sysadmin says he has seen it done.

When you configure a Jenkins job, you give it the repository URL.  This would be something like https://**MYSVNURL**/**MYPROJECT***/trunk, if you are grabbing the trunk.

I want to deploy by a tag instead of the trunk, and I don't want to have to go into the job's configuration every time and specify the tag (it would be something like  https://**MYSVNURL**/**MYPROJECT***/tags/**MY_SPECIFIC_TAG**

Our sysadmin says he say a client using a sort of wizard, where a window pops up and you can enter a specific tag, which the job will then use.

Is this all crazy talk?  Has anyone seen something like this?

TIA,

Mark

Mark Davis

Jun 7, 2018, 12:10:39 PM6/7/18