warrick-hotu.part01.rar etc

Kriss

Aug 12, 2010, 4:53:59 PM8/12/10
to Home of the Underdogs Revival Project
Hiya,

I was just nosing around with the idea of using the games data from
hotu as a chunk of test data for a cms/wiki type thing I've been
building. It's a nice chunk of data and relevant to my interests and I
figure any massaging of the data I do might be of use to others.

It looks like this is available in the files part of this group but
some of these files seem to be dead, eg the warrick ones.

Is there a reason for this?

Cheers,

Kriss

Andrew Armstrong

Aug 12, 2010, 5:04:08 PM8/12/10
to Home of the Underdogs Revival Project
Project has moved on from here onto the peoples various sites. No idea
why you can't get those files. Try now you're not a pending member.

Kriss

Aug 13, 2010, 5:21:54 PM8/13/10
to Home of the Underdogs Revival Project
> Project has moved on from here onto the peoples various sites. No idea
> why you can't get those files. Try now you're not a pending member.

Nope, still dead, must be something strange with google groups, the
other files are OK its just those larger ones that have gone missing.

--

warrick-hotu.part01.rar

The page you navigated to does not exist.

--

I saw some references to the data dump at various places but here was
the only place I found any files.

Is there anywhere else?

Kriss

Andrew Armstrong

Aug 13, 2010, 7:23:32 PM8/13/10
to Home of the Underdogs Revival Project
I don't seem to have the files. Emailing the original uploader
perhaps? I have a few other files though, which probably are the
contents of those anyway but I'm not sure (cover artwork, metadata,
etc.). To be honest I don't know what those files contained.

The main data is in the smaller downloads anyway.

Andrew

Dave Burt

Aug 18, 2010, 8:52:21 PM8/18/10
to hotu-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Andrew Armstrong <final...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't seem to have the files. Emailing the original uploader
> perhaps? I have a few other files though, which probably are the
> contents of those anyway but I'm not sure (cover artwork, metadata,
> etc.). To be honest I don't know what those files contained.
>
> The main data is in the smaller downloads anyway.

In case it's of help to you, I have these files from the revival project:

hotu-structure.sql
hotu-data.sql
companies.csv.tar.gz
company_logos.tar.gz
TheHomeOfTheUnderdogs-hotu-abandonware-backup-allWebpages-2008-03-10.rar
(204.6 MB, with two xml files describing this last file as a "Backup
of all the webpages of the Home of the Underdogs site when it was
hosted as www.the-underdogs.info, found at the ed2k network.
(10/03/2008)", uploaded on 2009-03-10 by mithri...@gmail.com)

... as well as my own (10 MB) backup of the HTML of all the game
pages, and the stuff from Underdogs herself which is still available
at the Internet Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/Home_of_the_Underdogs-Data

Cheers,
Dave

Andrew Armstrong

Aug 19, 2010, 1:16:00 PM8/19/10
to hotu-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I totally forgot I had uploaded that information to the archive,
silly me!

If you want to put whatever files are missing from it on some server
where I can get to them, email me the links off-list and I'll upload
them to that archive page for everyone to download them.

I should have been more active getting those other files - but honestly
I thought I had grabbed everything off our own google groups pages, I
must have missed them being uploaded.

Andrew