Prerequisites to HoTT for those on at most advanced undergraduate level?

Jizhan Huang (黃基展)

Feb 5, 2020, 1:22:06 PM2/5/20
to HoTT Cafe
My mathematical maturity is at most on advanced undergraduate level. Actually, I haven't fully and thoroughly studied a text on axiomatic set theory or mathematical logic or type theory or homotopy theory or category theory.

However, the book HoTT is still appealing to me, I wish to and have been trying to study and comprehend the book HoTT.

But as I am trying to study it, I find that I always feel the need of some prerequisites to comprehend this book, and the problem is that I don't know how to figure out what kinds of prerequisites are needed and which prerequisites to start.

Does anyone have similar experiences when beginning studying this book? Can anyone discuss with me to help me know where to start and give some study advice on comprehending this book?

I know a young mathematician named Evan Chen (陳誼廷), who is currently a math PhD student at MIT, providing abundant free study materials on higher mathematics on his website, which he called "The Napkin project" ( https://web.evanchen.cc/napkin.html ) . I am guessing, can Napkin be used as a prerequisite to HoTT?

Louis Garde

Feb 5, 2020, 3:59:37 PM2/5/20
to HoTT Cafe