how do you turn off hotswapper messages?

Anthony Bucci

Jul 26, 2015, 5:15:38 PM7/26/15
to HotswapAgent
Hi, I'm new to HotswapAgent so please forgive me if this is a silly question. I did read the group and the documentation and have not been able to find an answer I could understand.

When I start an app with the hotswap agent, I see messages like this in the console:

HOTSWAP AGENT: 17:8:35.508 INFO (org.hotswap.agent.HotswapAgent) - Loading Hotswap agent {0.2} - unlimited runtime class redefinition.
HOTSWAP AGENT
: 17:8:35.723 INFO (org.hotswap.agent.config.PluginRegistry) - Discovered plugins: [Hotswapper, AnonymousClassPatch, WatchResources, Hibernate, Spring, Jersey2, Jetty, Tomcat, ZK, Logback, JSF, Seam, ELResolver, OsgiEquinox]
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000

Occasionally, as the app runs, I will also see messages such as

 - klass: {other class}
(-1 / -1) (org/hotswap/agent/plugin/jvm/AnonymousClassInfos$AnonymousClassInfoMatcher/org/hotswap/agent/plugin/jvm/AnonymousClassInfos$AnonymousClassInfoMatcher)
{instance class}

- klass: {other class}
{instance class}

- klass: {other class}

I would like to turn off these messages, or at least have them piped to a file instead of STDOUT, but I don't know how to do that. In hotswap-agent.properties I've tried changing the LOGGER property but that does not help. I have tried setting a LOGFILE; in that case, some (but not all!) of these messages end up in the log file, but they are stlil send to the console as well.

These messages clutter up my console output, which I need, so can anyone help me figure out how to turn them off? Thank you.

Anthony

vladimir dvorak

Jul 29, 2015, 7:09:36 AM7/29/15
to HotswapAgent, abu...@gmail.com
This messages are generated by DCEVM, not hotswap-agent.

Anthony Bucci

Jul 29, 2015, 9:36:10 AM7/29/15
to HotswapAgent, lada.d...@gmail.com
You're saying that the messages
HOTSWAP AGENT: 17:8:35.508 INFO (org.hotswap.agent.HotswapAgent) - Loading Hotswap agent {0.2} - unlimited runtime class redefinition.
HOTSWAP AGENT: 17:8:35.723 INFO (org.hotswap.agent.config.PluginRegistry) - Discovered plugins: [Hotswapper, AnonymousClassPatch,WatchResources, Hibernate, Spring, Jersey2, Jetty, Tomcat, ZK, Logback, JSF, Seam, ELResolver, OsgiEquinox]
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000

were generated by DCEVM? That doesn't make sense to me.

Further, if I use DCEVM without hotswap-agent, I see no messages like those.

What you're saying is not correct, or I am grossly misunderstanding something.

vladimir dvorak

Jul 29, 2015, 11:06:25 AM7/29/15
to HotswapAgent, abu...@gmail.com
These are generated by hotswap agent. I've ment:

{instance class}
 - klass: {other class}

which is generated by DCEVM.

To suppress hotswap log set LOGGER=ERROR (but there is problem with the first message that is always shown)

Dieter Käppel

Mar 7, 2019, 5:24:15 AM3/7/19
to HotswapAgent
Set LOGGER=ERROR where?