Guarantee of answers on fullwiki setting?

최성재

Nov 10, 2018, 8:06:09 AM11/10/18
to HotpotQA
I read the paper and inspect dataset sampled randomly, I've had some questions about fullwiki dataset.

1. Do you guarantee that the answer is always in the contexts?
2. If not, can the model say there is no answer in the contexts in test time, I mean for leaderboard(no answer prediction)?
3. If the model can't, what is the crucial difference between disctractor setting and fullwiki setting. I think that distractor setting just have two golden paragraphs, but if the model can not say there is no answer in the context, absent paragraphs in fullwiki isn't meaningful. (In my knowledge, I can't improve the TF-IDF IR module for extracting more relevant 10 documents in the leaderboard)

Please answer my questions.

Thank you in advance,
Choi
Message has been deleted

zhi...@google.com

Nov 11, 2018, 12:17:12 PM11/11/18
to HotpotQA
In the fullwiki setting, the answer is in one of the wikipedia paragraphs, as provided here https://hotpotqa.github.io/wiki-readme.html. The contexts in the fullwiki dev and test sets right now are given by our IR method, so it might or might not contain the answer. In the fullwiki setting, we expect practitioners to devise new IR methods to improve performance. Please see our paper for more details.