Size fo font and Boxes in JMVS

jean-marc Cadio

May 1, 2021, 6:49:19 AM5/1/21
to hotpotatoesusers

Hi everyone,
I've tried to change the size of the font and the size of the categories boxes in JMatch Vertical Sort, but I failed.
Can anybody help?
You can see what I managed to do on the screen capture.
Have a good day everyone.
Jean-Marc Cadio
JMSV.png

Agnès S.

May 1, 2021, 3:08:45 PM5/1/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Marc,

To modify the fontsize open hp7.cs_.
Search for:
--strCatTitleFontSize: 1.5em; /* for JMS and JMSV */
Look at JMS_210_tutorial.pdf page 11.

The size of the categories is calculated to be large enough to display
the titles.

I hope this helps.

Agnès S.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/ef50bf94-ab72-4ecf-ba42-1c07e6dd2e5dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/ef50bf94-ab72-4ecf-ba42-1c07e6dd2e5dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Agnès S.

May 2, 2021, 2:07:50 AM5/2/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Something is bothering me while looking at your screen capture : the
instruction container ("put the items in the right box") and the
category containers (where you drop the draggable cards) should have the
same width (see
http://hpaddons.free.fr/as_addons_hp7/JMSV_210/JMSV_demos/JMSV_210_demo1.htm).
On your screen capture the category containers seem wider.
What is the content of your draggable cards : text, images...?

Agnès S.
Message has been deleted

jean-marc Cadio

May 2, 2021, 2:39:20 AM5/2/21
to hotpotatoesusers
The titles and the draggable cards have text only.
I'm sending another screen capture for you to see the whole page. What i'd like is "Piedras Blancas" to be on one line, maybe by enlarging the titles box.
Jean-Marc

Agnès S.

May 2, 2021, 2:44:30 AM5/2/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted

jean-marc Cadio

May 2, 2021, 3:47:49 AM5/2/21
to hotpotatoesusers
I have two similar exercises, so I'm sending both. The problem with "Piedras Blancas is solved(?) but now I don't understand why "San Simeon / Cambria" writes on two lines in ex-3.1 whereas "Venice Beach  / Los Angeles writes on one.
Thanks for your help.
Jean-Marc
5-Road-trip-Ex-3.2.jmt
5-Road-trip-Ex-3.1.jmt

Agnès S.

May 2, 2021, 1:35:43 PM5/2/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Marc,

I think it's what I use to call the "Andrew's bug" (Andrew is the first
user who pointed it). I can see all the characteristics of this bug :
erratic, different displays according to the zoom level.
Rodolphe pointed it in JMatch7+ and it's been solved, for JMatch, in
HP7+ v1.0.2.(see the topic
https://groups.google.com/g/hotpotatoesusers/c/zIJcrailQsE/m/K1d7T2RVAQAJ)

Martin thought it was because "the browser layout engine is reporting
the wrong width/height for the card when my code is trying to find out
how big it is". (Here the "card" is the title box). The solution is to
add some pixels to the title width.
You can try to see if the problem is solved if you modify the htm file
or jmatch7.js_ . Search for:
CurrCard.style.width = WidestTIC + 'px';
(it's in part called "Size and position of the title cards")
and change it into
CurrCard.style.width = WidestTIC + 5 + 'px';
or
CurrCard.style.width = WidestTIC + 10 + 'px';

Let me know if it solves the bug. If it's OK I will release a new
version of JMSV.

You could also change the value of the variable spacerV_FIC_RIC from 10
to 30 in jmatch7.js_ to get a space between the last category box and
the first draggable card.

Agnès S.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/0b536ea3-64b3-4c9a-beca-5b67da290030n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/0b536ea3-64b3-4c9a-beca-5b67da290030n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

jean-marc Cadio

May 3, 2021, 10:10:33 AM5/3/21
to hotpotatoesusers
Hi Agnès,
Changing "CurrCard.style.width = WidestTIC + 'px';"
into
"CurrCard.style.width = WidestTIC + 5 + 'px';"
seems to be working.
Thank you.
Jean-Marc