Statistics of the exercises use

Elena Pleshakova

Feb 4, 2022, 11:25:48 AM2/4/22
to hotpotatoesusers
Dear Group,

I am new here but my question is perhaps not new.

After I have created an exercise and put it on my web-page, how can I track the statistics?
E.g. I prepared a set of exercises for a test. I want to incorporate a common questionnaire and then allow people to proceed with the test. I want to get statistics on how long it took to solve the assignment, how many mistakes were done, in what questions (words, sentences), whether the answers was corrected before the assignment was submitted. I want to receive it at least as a txt-filee or html-file.

Is there any option?

I've got this question because I've been using HotPots for more than 10 years.

Sincerely yours,

Lena

Martin Holmes

Feb 4, 2022, 11:38:58 AM2/4/22
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The only real option is to use a server-side product such as Moodle
(which has a Hot Potatoes plugin), or another system which supports the
SCORM 1.2 standard.

There's no way for Hot Potatoes pages to do this by themselves, because
they are standalone static HTML documents that have no way to store or
manage data.

Cheers,
Martin