Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

steve lencina

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2022, 07:06:3413/03/2022
para hotpotatoesusers
Hi folks,
Does anyone know how to make rounded boxes when using jcloze?  (when using hotpot 7)

This could be done when using Hotpot 6.

Many thanks!

Steve

Martin Holmes

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2022, 14:09:4413/03/2022
para hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Which boxes exactly would you like to make rounded?

If you just add this to the stylesheet:

div{
border-radius: 1em;
}

you'll see all sorts of boxes with rounded corners.

Cheers,
Martin
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/f64339c1-b029-4498-849a-79962f634d60n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/f64339c1-b029-4498-849a-79962f634d60n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Agnès S.

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2022, 14:13:2613/03/2022
para hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
By default the boxes have slighly rounded corner.
If you want your own style for the input boxes you should add:

input.GapBox{
border: none; /*removes the default css*/
border: 3px solid blue; /*your custom borders*/
border-radius: 1em; /*your custom rounded corners*/
}
in hp7.cs_.
Of course you can change the values.

Or when creating your exercise add:
input.GapBox{
border: none; /*removes the default css*/
border: 3px solid green; /*your custom css*/
border-radius: 1em; /*your-border radius*/
}
in Configure Output>Custom>Code for insertion into <head> tag.

Cheers,
Agnès S.

steve lencina

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2022, 16:36:5913/03/2022
para hotpotatoesusers
First of all, Thanks Agnes and Martin for your input.  Prior to using Hotpot 7, I had purchased a wonderful book called "Hacking Hot Potatoes: The Cookbook" by Stan Bogdanov.  (Highly recommended to anyone who wishes to use Hotpot 6)   In Hotpot 6, I had to edit the output file. (.HTML) with a simple script. etc..

Regarding, Hotpot 7 jCloze, must I also modify the output file? (HTML file)

I added the original cloze output file.

My stylesheet in my HTML file looks like this:

<script>

//<![CDATA[

<!--

//CODE FOR HANDLING NAV BUTTONS AND FUNCTION BUTTONS

function FocusAButton(){
        if (document.getElementById('CheckButton1') != null){
                document.getElementById('CheckButton1').focus();
        }
        else{
                if (document.getElementById('CheckButton2') != null){
                        document.getElementById('CheckButton2').focus();
                }
                else{
                        document.getElementsByTagName('button')[0].focus();
                }
        }
}

So, the big question is, where should I add the modifications for the rounded edges?

Thanks and sorry if this was covered already.

steve
gaps.htm

Steve Lencina

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2022, 17:16:4313/03/2022
para agnes...@gmail.com, hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
My Bad!!

I re-read Agnes' post
input.GapBox{
border: none; /*removes the default css*/
border: 3px solid green; /*your custom css*/
border-radius: 1em; /*your-border radius*/
}
in Configure Output>Custom>Code for insertion into <head> tag.

This worked PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you all!!!!

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/6483279a-c740-f648-efd1-c51921c527ed%40gmail.com.

--
American Executive English Services

Agnès S.

não lida,
14 de mar. de 2022, 05:47:5014/03/2022
para Steve Lencina, hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The solution that you can find in The Cookbook by Stan Bogdanov (I agree
it was very good) to get rounded corners for input boxes can be combined
with Martin's solution to get rounded corners for the divs.
If you want to use it in any HP exercise it would be better to modify
the css than to use a custom setting each time you create an exercise.

You need to open hp7.cs_ with a text editor (Notepad+ etc., but don't
use Microsoft Word)
On the line 186 you'll see four lines beginning with "input, textarea{".
Delete them and replace them with:

div{
/* MH : rounded corners for every div (NavButtonBar,Title,
Instructions, etc.)*/
border-radius: 0.7em;
/* MH : rounded corners for every div (NavButtonBar,Title,
Instructions, etc.) END*/
}

input, textarea{
font-family: var(--strFontFace);
font-size: 120%;

/* Stan_rounded border of input boxes and textarea */
border-radius: 0.7em; /* your custom rounded corners */
border: 1px solid grey; /* your custom borders */
padding: 5px;
/* Stan_rounded border of input boxes and textarea END */
}

input:focus {
/* Stan_custom focus for input boxes */
border: none;/* removes the default css */
outline: 1px solid red;/* emphasises the focus - your custom style */
/* Stan_custom focus for input boxes END */
}

See the attached image to be sure.
If you don't want rounded corners for the divs, delete the part:
div{
/* MH : rounded corners for every div (NavButtonBar,Title,
Instructions, etc.)*/
border-radius: 0.7em;
/* MH : rounded corners for every div (NavButtonBar,Title,
Instructions, etc.) END*/
}

Note that I was wrong. The display of input boxes depends on the
browser: slightly rounded corners with Firefox, no rounded corners with
Chrome.

Cheers.
Agnès.S
http://hpaddons.free.fr/
> <mailto:hotpotatoesusers%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:hotpotatoesuse...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:hotpotatoesusers%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > To view this discussion on the web, visit
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/f64339c1-b029-4498-849a-79962f634d60n%40googlegroups.com
>

> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/f64339c1-b029-4498-849a-79962f634d60n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> www.aeesonline.com <http://www.aeesonline.com>
> aeeso...@gmail.com <mailto:aeeso...@gmail.com>
modif_css_2.png

steve lencina

não lida,
16 de mar. de 2022, 17:54:5916/03/2022
para hotpotatoesusers
Thanks Anges for your feedback!
What I noticed is when I try rounded edges with a cloze drop down menu, I no longer have rounded edges.....
strange....

In hotpot 6, all I needed to do is modify the output file:

All variants for the different browsers are:
-khtml-border-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;

Mind that the value for -moz-border-radius: is different so you increment
it by
5 accordingly. That is, if all others are 5, -moz is 10; if all others are
10, -
moz is 15, if all others are 15, -moz is 20.

Agnès S.

não lida,
17 de mar. de 2022, 03:54:4217/03/2022
para hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,
The variants for different browsers are deprecated. border-radius: 5px;
now works for all.
I don't know where is the cause of your problem.
With my modifications in hp7.cs_ it works perfectly:
http://hpaddons.free.fr/provisoire/jcloze_arrondis_box_8.htm

Can you attach your htm file with my modification so I can see where's
the problem?

Cheers,
Agnès S.
http://hpaddons.free.fr/
> <mailto:hotpotatoesuse...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/579bf9f8-d961-49dc-b78a-aa9aebacea5an%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/579bf9f8-d961-49dc-b78a-aa9aebacea5an%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Steve Lencina

não lida,
17 de mar. de 2022, 06:07:3017/03/2022
para agnes...@gmail.com, hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Agnes,

OK, I'm attaching both the hotpot file and the HTML file.
The issue is that when the jcloze file has a drop-down list, the rounded edges are gone.
You will notice that I did apply the helpful script you sent me and added it to:
configuration / custom / code for insertion into head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
steve

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/3f15228b-977d-f1ab-d414-837fe16c106e%40gmail.com.

--
American Executive English Services
vocab2.htm

mho...@halfbakedsoftware.com

não lida,
18 de mar. de 2022, 11:20:2818/03/2022
para aeeso...@gmail.com, hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

The property border-radius has been supported by all browsers for a long time, so you don't need any of those prefixed values.

  border-radius: 5px;

is all you would need, and all the other custom properties are ignored.

If you use a drop-down menu, then any settings you applied to a text box of course won't apply, because it's a different HTML element. You would need to add:

select{
  border-radius: 5px;
}

Hope this helps,
Martin
Agnès.S
http://hpaddons.free.fr/

Le 13/03/2022 à 22:16, Steve Lencina a écrit :
> My Bad!!
>
> I re-read Agnes' post
>
> in Configure Output>Custom>Code for insertion into tag.
>

> This worked PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> thank you all!!!!
>

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 3:13 PM Agnès S. <agnes...@gmail.com
> agnes...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> By default the boxes have slighly rounded corner.
> If you want your own style for the input boxes you should add:
>
> input.GapBox{
> border: none; /*removes the default css*/
> border: 3px solid blue; /*your custom borders*/
> border-radius: 1em; /*your custom rounded corners*/
> }
> in hp7.cs_.
> Of course you can change the values.
>
> Or when creating your exercise add:
>
> in Configure Output>Custom>Code for insertion into tag.
>
> Cheers,
> Agnès S.
>

> Le 13/03/2022 à 12:06, steve lencina a écrit :
> > Hi folks,
> > Does anyone know how to make rounded boxes when using jcloze?  (when
> > using hotpot 7)
> >
> > This could be done when using Hotpot 6.
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > --
> send
> > an email to hotpotatoesuse...@googlegroups.com
> hotpotatoesusers%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > To view this discussion on the web, visit
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/f64339c1-b029-4498-849a-79962f634d60n%40googlegroups.com
>

> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/f64339c1-b029-4498-849a-79962f634d60n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
>

> --
> American Executive English Services
> www.aeesonline.com <http://www.aeesonline.com>

Steve Lencina

não lida,
18 de mar. de 2022, 11:38:4618/03/2022
para Martin Holmes, hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Martin!
I used to use:
border-radius: 5px;
with Hot pot 6 and it worked great.   I'm finding Hotpot 7 to be much better than I thought thanks to all the additional scripts.
I wish other authoring tools would follow Hotpot 7's concept.

The only downside I see in Hotpot 7  is that students can cheat...... I mean they can download the HTML file, do the exercise and then put the correct answers in the hosted LMS.
Anyway, thanks a million!!!

Steve

Martin Holmes

não lida,
18 de mar. de 2022, 20:59:0118/03/2022
para Steve Lencina, hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
HI Steve,

Students can cheat on any system. But students who cheat on a learning
exercise are just cheating themselves of an opportunity to learn, which
will probably bite them when they actually get tested.

Cheers,
Martin

On 2022-03-18 08:38, Steve Lencina wrote:
> Thanks Martin!
> I used to use:
> border-radius: 5px;
> with Hot pot 6 and it worked great.   I'm finding Hotpot 7 to be much
> better than I thought thanks to all the additional scripts.
> I wish other authoring tools would follow Hotpot 7's concept.
>
> The only downside I see in Hotpot 7  is that students can cheat...... I
> mean they can download the HTML file, do the exercise and then put the
> correct answers in the hosted LMS.
> Anyway, thanks a million!!!
>
> Steve
>

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 12:20 PM <mho...@halfbakedsoftware.com
> <mailto:mho...@halfbakedsoftware.com>> wrote:
>
> __
> Hi Steve,
>
> The property border-radius has been supported by all browsers for a
> long time, so you don't need any of those prefixed values.
>
>   border-radius: 5px;
>
> is all you would need, and all the other custom properties are ignored.
>
> If you use a drop-down menu, then any settings you applied to a text
> box of course won't apply, because it's a different HTML element.
> You would need to add:
>
> select{
>   border-radius: 5px;
> }