File version no longer supported - can't open anymore

Vukile M'Gijima

Apr 6, 2022, 3:11:48 AM4/6/22
to hotpotatoesusers
Colleagues

Will someone help me convert my JQuiz activity into version 7. I created it using version 6 and, after downloading version 7, the file version is no longer supported and I can't open the Quiz anymore.

I'm a tech novice and have been using HotPots for my quizzes for the past 10 or so years.

The quiz is attached. Please help.

Regards
Vukile
PunctuationAndPartsofSpeech (1).jqz

Colin C Consiglio (vk3ncc) (LT)

Apr 6, 2022, 9:13:21 AM4/6/22
to Vukile M'Gijima, hotpotatoesusers

Greetings from Australia Vukile

From what I can see the file you have provided only has a filesize of 3 bytes.

It is effectively  empty. MAybe you have sent the wrong file, or it has been corrupted.

I did try to open the file with HP and received an error message

Good Luck in searching for  and finding a backup of your JQuiz file

Colin

Colin C Consiglio (vk3ncc) (LT)

Apr 6, 2022, 9:15:07 AM4/6/22
to Vukile M'Gijima, hotpotatoesusers

Oh, I meant to add a screen capture of your email that shows the size of the attachment ..

here it is ..

Peter Shaw

Jan 4, 2023, 9:01:29 AM1/4/23
to hotpotatoesusers
Hi All,

I'm having similar issues. I get that error when I try to open any of my files using any of the Hot Potatoes versions.

I'm quite confused, so any ideas would be most welcome.

Peter

Articles-1.jcl

Martin Holmes

Jan 4, 2023, 11:02:13 AM1/4/23
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
The file you attached is not a Hot Potatoes file at all. It contains
only one line of text:

Config: 4

I have no idea how you created the file, but it wasn't saved from Hot
Potatoes. Can you tell me the history of this file? Did you send it by
email, or save it from a web server, or any other process that might
have replaced the true contents with something else? Do you have any
others we can look at?

Cheers,
Martin