consensus subnetworks results

water wu

Apr 14, 2018, 12:20:37 AM4/14/18
to HotNet
Hello,

When i run the paper/paper_commands.sh (hotnet2 v1.2.1) with the default settings for  example data, the consensus folder contains four files. The stats table shows

#Size Observed Expected P-value
2 14 0 1
3 10 0 1
4 9 0 1
5 9 0 1
6 6 0 1
7 5 0 1
8 3 0 1
9 3 0 1
10 3 0 1

Is the result (Expected  and P-value) of consensus correct? or do i always need to use -cp argument in HotNet2.py?
I get the similar result (Expected=0 and P-value=1 for all sizes) with my own data in consensus mode.
(The results on individual networks in both data don't have these issue.)

Thanks for your help.

matthe...@brown.edu

Apr 15, 2018, 6:15:47 PM4/15/18
to HotNet
Hello,

With its default settings, HotNet2 uses zero permutations to evaluate the statistical significance of the HotNet2 consensus subnetworks, so you should disregard the results of the "Expected" and "P-value" entries for the consensus subnetworks when using the default settings.  To evaluate the statistical significance of the HotNet2 consensus subnetworks, please set the -cp (--consensus permutations) argument for the HotNet2.py script, e.g., -cp 100.

Best,
Matt