is hsflow eos 2.0.9 working?

Wong Steven

Apr 13, 2017, 11:42:59 PM4/13/17
to Host-sFlow
Hi there, I downloaded the package on 7150 switch in our lab and found it can't be installed. Is the downloadable package standard or expects end user to modify it a bit before installation?

Thanks,
Steven

Peter Phaal

Apr 13, 2017, 11:57:27 PM4/13/17
to Wong Steven, Host-sFlow
The package should work without modification on a recent version of EOS (it was tested on vEOS 4.18.0F):

What version of EOS are you running?
How far did you get through the instructions?
Which command failed?
Were there any error messages?

Wong Steven

Apr 14, 2017, 1:15:06 AM4/14/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
The Arista 7150S switch is running 4.16.10M with the following commands issued and the error returns after the 2nd commands.

shkhe92#sh ver
Arista DCS-7150S-52-CL-R
Hardware version:    02.02
Serial number:       JPE14451763
System MAC address:  001c.73b4.7be5

Software image version: 4.16.10M
Architecture:           i386
Internal build version: 4.16.10M-4126857.41610M
Internal build ID:      f8cc0357-f964-4835-ad50-7debf2643f99

Uptime:                 1 week, 0 days, 0 hours and 30 minutes
Total memory:           3978076 kB
Free memory:            492804 kB

shkhe92#bash

Arista Networks EOS shell

[swong@shkhe92 ~]$ exit
logout
Copy completed successfully.
shkhe92#extension hsflowd-eos-2.0.9-1.x86_64.rpm
% Error installing hsflowd-eos-2.0.9-1.x86_64.rpm: RPM install error: Transaction failed: package hsflowd-2.0.9-1.x86_64 is intended for a x86_64 architecture

shkhe92#

Neil McKee

Apr 17, 2017, 1:09:52 PM4/17/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
Thanks for pointing that out!   The 32-bit rpm is available for download now:

And the installation steps should be the same:

Wong Steven

Apr 17, 2017, 9:24:27 PM4/17/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
Thanks Neil.

I can download the rpm now. However the installation gave me the errors as follow.

shkhe91#bash sudo systemctl start hsflowd.service
sudo: systemctl: command not found
'sudo systemctl start hsflowd.service' returned error code:1

I guessed systemctl has another name on Arista and then I tried the following.

shkhe91#bash sudo sysctl start hsflowd.service
error: "start" is an unknown key
error: "hsflowd.service" is an unknown key
'sudo sysctl start hsflowd.service' returned error code:255
shkhe91#

Peter Phaal

Apr 17, 2017, 11:31:56 PM4/17/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
I believe that versions of EOS use initd. Try starting the daemon using the command:

bash sudo service hsflowd start

Neil McKee

Apr 17, 2017, 11:42:07 PM4/17/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
Actually you might have to use "chkconfig" to register the service first,  so the commands would be:

sudo chkconfig --add hsflowd
sudo service hsflowd start

Wong Steven

Apr 18, 2017, 12:47:05 AM4/18/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
Thanks Peter.

The suggestion works.

shkhe91#bash sudo service hsflowd start
shkhe91#                                                   [  OK  ]

Wong Steven

Apr 18, 2017, 12:48:28 AM4/18/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
Thanks Neil for reminding me this.

I get it in the service list now.

Will look up the sflow for the details of the switch :)

Wong Steven

Apr 18, 2017, 12:52:31 AM4/18/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
Hi Neil,

Does it mean I don't need the event-handler as said in the sFlow blog page because the service is registered now?

Thanks,
Steven

Peter Phaal

Apr 18, 2017, 1:07:36 AM4/18/17
to Host-sFlow, tungh...@gmail.com
I believe you still need the on-boot event-event handler to start the daemon since changes to the root file system don't persist across a reboot:

action bash sudo service hsflowd start