Trying to install host-sflow 2.0.7 on CentOS 6

Johan De Graeve

Jan 9, 2017, 4:31:11 AM1/9/17
to Host-sFlow
Hi everybody.

Neil advised me to upgrade to 2.0.7 to solve my problem with host-sflow listening to all network interfaces.

Now I face a new problem

host-sflow need glibc 2.14

We run both centos 6 and 7 and they both use glibc 2.12.

Our repos show 2.12 as the latest version and apparently a newer version of glibc will not become available on centos 6

As glibc is part of the core of the operating system and has a lot of dependencies I'm afraid to upgrade it.

Is glibc 2.14 a requirement and is there a workaround for this problem?

Johan

Johan De Graeve

Jan 9, 2017, 5:07:06 AM1/9/17
to Host-sFlow
Correction:
Our current version of centos 7 is running glibc 2.17. So no problems there. Only centos 6 and they will soon be upgraded