Reroute and Rebuilding the Center Trail in Granite Bay within Folsom Lake State Recreation Area, Placer County, California

Robert H. Sydnor

Jan 30, 2018, 2:44:38 AM1/30/18
to Horse Trails by Robert H. Sydnor, Geologist
Dear Equestrian Colleagues:

        Sometimes an older trail that is "heavy maintenance" and unsafe  .......  needs to be relocated by a much better parallel route.

        The Center Trail in the Granite Bay area of Folsom Lake State Recreation Area is an example of this predicament.   The good news is that in January 2018, the Center Trail is in the process of being relocated.  This will take several months during the Springtime 2018.

        The attached two-page brief report is about a successful Saturday, January 17, 2018, whereby 80 volunteer citizens came together to drag branches (previously cut) from the new alignment to the edge of the old trail.   Because we were just dragging tree branches, we were told that *no* hardhats would be needed.  Just wanted to make that point clear.

        When the new Center Trail is completed, then the hundreds of cut-branches will be repurposed to permanently close the old trail-bed.  It will  then return to nature and soon be overgrown.

      Respectfully submitted, Robert H. Sydnor, AERC Trail Master

attachment

Center Trail Reroute Feb 2018, by Robert Sydnor.pdf