Mule Rides into the Grand Canyon

Robert H. Sydnor

Oct 2, 2017, 11:19:46 PM10/2/17
to Horse Trails by Robert H. Sydnor, Geologist
Dear Equestrian Colleagues:

         Attached is my 3-page report on Mule Rides in the Grand Canyon.

        There are very different choices and entirely different costs for the North Rim versus the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.   I have provided hyperlinks to both of the separate vendors, so study each one carefully.

        On a personal note, I am both a geologist and a horseman.  So the Grand Canyon is one of the most fabulous places in the world for splendid geology;    plus, the steep trails are best traversed by these steady, strong, calm, non-spooky, and experienced mules.

         Notice that the photographs of mule riders do not include anyone with a helmet.  You are certainly welcome to bring your own equestrian helmet, plus a bandanna (or even better DaBrim sunshade), to keep the burning sun off of your neck in the high heat of summertime.

       We praise the sturdy mules who do this strenuous trail EVERY day .... all summer long.   And these calm, non-spooky mules do not get tired.   It is all in a day's work for them...... seven days per week..... all season long.  Blessings to these Grand Canyon mules.

          Respectfully submitted, Robert Hadley Sydnor
              Senior Geologist who understands the Grand Canyon stratigraphy
              and AERC Trail Master who rides a fast gray Registered Arabian horse (who has never been to the Grand Canyon)
              and.... who (belatedly) is an admirer of these Grand Canyon sturdy, resilient, and non-spooky Mules

see attached 3-page report
Mule Rides in Grand Canyon National Park, by Robert Sydnor, October 2017.pdf