Horos plugins not getting installed.

jebaraj rathinasamy

May 7, 2020, 4:22:45 AM5/7/20
to Horos Project
Hello ALL, I recently updated to Catalina. MY plugins that worked well on my Mohave system do not get installed. They are even working in another Catalina system. My system refuses to get the plugins get installed. I am thinking of going back, I would really appreciate input.
Thanks a lot

jebaraj rathinasamy

May 7, 2020, 9:10:55 AM5/7/20
to Horos Project

The OS is not letting me install the plugins. Malware protection  dialog comes up, and even if I let it install, the plugins which were working for many years are not working. would appreciate help please.

Thanks,
Jebaraj

Todd Jensen

May 8, 2020, 8:22:32 AM5/8/20
to Horos Project
Hello,

I recently solved this for another plugin. It is most likely due to a private certificate Xcode used to sign your plugin that will only allow it to run on the developer's system that needs to be removed.

The fix is to remove the signature (create an unsigned plugin) OR sign it with an Apple supplied Developer ID Application signing certificate. Here is how to remove the signature (requires Xcode 11 to be installed, replace VoxelVolume.osirixplugin with the name of yours):

BEFORE:

todd$ pkgutil --check-signature VoxelVolume.osirixplugin/
Package "VoxelVolume.osirixplugin":

FIX:
todd$ codesign --remove-signature VoxelVolume.osirixplugin

AFTER:

todd$ pkgutil --check-signature VoxelVolume.osirixplugin/
Package "VoxelVolume.osirixplugin":

Todd Jensen, PhD
Jensen Informatics LLC

Soren Christensen

Aug 31, 2020, 4:31:51 PM8/31/20
to Todd Jensen, Horos Project
Hi,
 Thanks for your help on this a while back Todd!
I tried this procedure just now and my plugin responds   Status: no signature
I don't have Catalina on my dev machine, but when installing on Catalina, it is flagged with the "Cannot open it because it cannot be scanned for malicious software" prompt.
I follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491, under the section How to open an app that hasn’t been notarized or is from an unidentified developer.

Once I allow the program in the security settings Horos opens with the prompt to install the plugin. It then says it's installed and to restart to use the plugin. At this point the plugin is wiped from ~/Library/Application Support/Horos/Plugins and the plugin is not in the menu.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks!
Soren

Todd Jensen

Aug 31, 2020, 5:17:17 PM8/31/20
to Soren Christensen, Horos Project
Hello, Soren,

Horos may have moved it to "~/Library/Application Support/Horos/Plugins Disabled".

Did you actually unsign everything in the plugin or an installer that contains the plugin? My instructions were only for a simple plugin.

Try coping your plugin (e.g., XYZ.osirixplugin) to the  "~/Library/Application Support/Horos/Plugins" folder (or move it back from the "Plugins Disabled" folder). Then run Horos from a Terminal command prompt (e.g., "/Applications/Horos.app/Contents/MacOS/Horos") and look for errors related to opening the plugin. They may help you see what is going on.

Todd

Pille McCoy

Nov 9, 2020, 8:42:18 AM11/9/20
to Horos Project
Hi,

Ihm Running in to the same issue - has anybody found a solution yet?

Regards

  Philip

matthe...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2020, 9:51:43 AM11/9/20