Rhino DSL failing

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 11:12:53 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I'm not a PSake guy at all, so a little help would be appreciated. Here's what I'm seeing.

HORN IS FETCHING git://github.com/ayende/rhino-dsl.git.

Reading the current revision for rhino.dsl
Reading the current revision for rhino.dsl
working......
 = [up to date]      master     -> origin/master
Already up-to-date.
Reading the current revision for rhino.dsl

HORN IS BUILDING dsl.

File C:\Users\jdentler\.horn\frameworks\rhino.tools\rhino.dsl\Working\psake.ps1
 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system.
Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details.
At line:1 char:75
+ C:\Users\jdentler\.horn\frameworks\rhino.tools\rhino.dsl\Working\psake.ps1 <<
<<
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], PSSecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException

The build tool Horn.Core.PSakeBuildTool failed building the rhino.dsl package

I've tried Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted inside powershell. It changed, but didn't have an effect on the problem. I'm stumped, and I need to use horn because the masstransit download is borking up my Ninject 2.0 references.

Thanks,
Jason

Steve Mason

Oct 27, 2009, 11:16:37 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Are you running on an x64 system?  I literally just had the same issue and had to drop into the x86 version of Powershell and run the set-executionpolicy there to fix (it seems the build runs in this environment and not the 64-bit one, and the policies are independant of each other)

Steve

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 11:18:11 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yep. That sounds exactly like what I'm seeing.

I'm a n00b. How do I "drop into the x86 version" ?

Steve Mason

Oct 27, 2009, 11:23:08 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
You should have a start-menu item somewhere "Windows Powershell (x86)".  If you're using Vista or Windows 7 just search for "powershell" in the start menu and it should come up eventually :)

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 11:23:28 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Never mind. I guess I should learn what's on my start menu.

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 11:25:29 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve! That fixed my problem.

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 11:41:29 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I found this useful when I was writing the psake build tool

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/winpsh/manual/run.mspx

I cannot pretend to be a fan of psake or powershell for that matter so it was written begrudgingly.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 11:49:13 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
OK. That got me past that particular problem. Now I'm moving on to the next issue.

I need help passing a parameter to nant with the boo syntax... I think.

I was having a problem building masstransit itself. The boo file was pointing Nant at BuildScript\MassTransit.build, which didn't exist. I repointed it at Build\default.build, which does exist. Now I get this:

You must provide arguments in your command line call like this: default.build -D:project.name='SOLUTION_NAME_WITHOUT_EXT
ENSION' -D:repository.path='FULL_PATH_TO_REPOSITORY' or pass the build configuration settings file default.build -D:buil
d.config.settings='settings\Uppercut.config

I'm guessing I need to pass a parameter to Nant, but I don't know how to do that with the boo syntax. I need to pass -D:buil
d.config.settings='settings\Uppercut.config'

Any ideas or suggestions? Am I way off?

Jason

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 11:53:17 AM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
You can pass -D: external parameters from horn like this:

    switches:
        parameters "sign=true","common.testrunner.enabled=false", "common.silverlight=false"

The above is from one of the castle projects.  You comma delimit the name value pairs like above.

If you get masstransit building from horn then please supply a patch.

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 12:20:00 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul. I plan to do just that.

Jason

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 12:22:35 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I was just thinking that now the descriptors are in git then a patch is not really possible.

I think you need to a fork with the descriptors, commit and then push the changes to me and then somehow I will know about these changes.

I am unfamiliar with the lay of the land here.

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 12:25:38 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Same here. I don't understand GIT yet. I'll just email you the fixed boo file and you can do what you like with it.

Ian Davis

Oct 27, 2009, 12:26:02 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Once the commits are pushed, just issue a pull request to notify the
owner of the primary repo that you want them to merge your commits.
The is a button on the repo screen on github.
--
Ian Davis
http://disassembla.net

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 12:38:15 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ian, thats is good to know.

Interesg workflow.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

David Lawton

Oct 27, 2009, 12:55:47 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
You fork the master, clone locally, make changes, local commit, fork commit and then issue a pull request to the owner of the master repo.

Paul u should recieve an email or notification and then can pull locally review and commit to master.

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 1:06:15 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I think you have one too many forks in there :-).

By fork commit you mean push?

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

David Lawton

Oct 27, 2009, 1:09:11 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm hungry.

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 1:44:14 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is now possible to build with batch files in horn.  masstransit has a build.bat file.

Instead of build with nant you could say the following:

build_with batch, buildfile("build.bat"), FrameworkVersion35

This saves messing about with nant if the nice OSS has provided a batch file.

I have just updated the masstransit descriptor to hit the batch file.

Let me know if this helps.

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 2:42:05 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Once I got past the boo descriptor issues, I found out that MassTransit is still using pre-1.0 FNH and an old version of Ninject 2. I updated all of that this morning and finally got a good build.

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 2:48:53 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Great news,

Does the descriptor need to change?

Dru Sellers

Oct 27, 2009, 2:57:11 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
if you send a patch for the new bits I can try to get that moved in to the svn as well.
-d

Dru Sellers

Oct 27, 2009, 2:57:20 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
MT that is

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 2:57:24 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
It would be more upgrade-proof to use build.bat instead of referencing the build files and their parameters. That would be the way I would go.

Dru Sellers

Oct 27, 2009, 2:58:22 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
is that to me?
-d

Jason Dentler

Oct 27, 2009, 2:58:31 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I will. It may be later this week before I have time to package it all up. Bug me if I forget.

Dru Sellers

Oct 27, 2009, 2:59:13 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com

Paul Cowan

Oct 27, 2009, 3:06:15 PM10/27/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have updated the descriptor to do just that:
http://github.com/dagda1/hornget/blob/4610ff6bfe6a06623378526a3675035c554c3533/esbs/masstransit/masstransit.boo

Building with the batch is really the way to go.

Such a simple idea, there is no way it came from me.