Working in a non-master branch in hornget fails

Lee Henson

Feb 25, 2010, 1:48:53 PM2/25/10
to HORN Development
hi

scenario:

- cloned horn_src
- built and tested horn_src
- added horn_src\build\debug to my path
- forked hornget into c:\hornget
- created a castle branch in hornget
- modified a castle dynamicproxy descriptor to point at
castleproject@github
- "horn -install:castle.dynamicproxy"

At the start of the process horn issues a git pull for the hornget
repo, and immediately checks out the master branch. Obviously this
then means that my modified descriptor is not used. I've patched
horn_src to detect the current branch at startup which means it
doesn't switch to master, but I've no idea if there is a more
appropriate means that I'm not seeing. Any comments?

http://github.com/leemhenson/horn_src/tree/multiple_hornget_branches
http://github.com/leemhenson/hornget/tree/castle

cheers
lee

Johannes Gustafsson

Feb 25, 2010, 4:58:01 PM2/25/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I've never had a problem with it. At least not until i commit the changes. A git pull does not revert your local changes does it?

/Johannes

Lee Henson

Feb 26, 2010, 4:43:22 AM2/26/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
No, my changes *are* committed on new branch. The problem is that the "horn -install:<name>" process always checks out the "master" branch before doing anything, meaning my changes are no longer visible as it reads descriptors.

Paul Cowan

Mar 1, 2010, 2:54:37 PM3/1/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have updated the console project and you can now specify the git url in there.

There is the following node that contains the details:

<horn hornrootdirectory="C:\hornget\" packagetreeuri="git://github.com/dagda1/hornget.git"/>

Changing the packagetreeuri to your own branch should work.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/