Suggestions for DSL

Mauricio Scheffer

Dec 15, 2009, 8:40:54 PM12/15/09
to HORN Development
What do you think about adding wildcards/regex to the exclusion lists?

For example, in the ActiveRecord build:
http://www.hornget.net/packages/ioc/castle.activerecord/castle.activerecord-trunk
I'd like to exclude all Spring and NUnit assemblies. So instead of:

exclude:
library "Spring.Aop"
library "Spring.Core"
library "nunit.core"
library "nunit.framework"
library "nunit.framework.extensions"
library "nunit.framework.license"

we could write:

exclude:
libraries "Spring.*"
libraries "nunit.*"

Also it would be useful to have a "file" exclusion that matched the
whole filename (not just the the filename without extension):

exclude:
file "ABC.hbm.xml"
files "*.cfg.xml"

Regex support could be added later:

exclude:
libraries /^Spring/
libraries /^nunit/

Comments welcome.

--
Mauricio

Paul Cowan

Dec 16, 2009, 4:18:35 AM12/16/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I think we talked about this at one stage Maurcio and I think it is a wonderful idea :-).

It makes complete sense and would help keep the descriptors nice and neat.

It would be good to say I want everything fro a package also.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/