Github tags

Roelof Blom

Mar 3, 2010, 5:09:19 AM3/3/10
to HORN Development
Hi,

Can hornget checkout a git tag? I was trying to update the castle.core
1.2.0 descriptor for use with github, but this

get_from git("git://github.com/castleproject/Castle.Core.git",
"1.2.0")

checks out master silently at HEAD. I know this syntax is for branches
but shouldn't it pick up tags as well?

-- Roelof.

Paul Cowan

Mar 3, 2010, 6:50:39 AM3/3/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Horn does not work with git tags as stands  unfortunately.

I have never used git tags myself so I am not entirely sure what is involved.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Roelof Blom

Mar 4, 2010, 1:24:49 PM3/4/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
That's sad, until it does it will never be able to build released projects that live in git.

Any plans on adding this functionality?

Lee Henson

Mar 4, 2010, 2:35:24 PM3/4/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com, horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
A tag is just a pointer to a commit, like a branch. You can

git checkout tagname

the same way you would

git checkout branchname

So horn would just need to check branch names and tag names when one is specified in the descriptor.

Paul Cowan

Mar 4, 2010, 3:06:38 PM3/4/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I all for it but do not have the time to do it this weekend anyway.

Anybody else fancy having a stab at this?

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Simone Busoli

Mar 7, 2010, 8:17:17 AM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
FYI, hornget is down once again.

David Lawton

Mar 7, 2010, 8:22:12 AM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Its up for me
"I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -- Charles Babbage

David Lawton

Mar 7, 2010, 8:22:41 AM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ahh cached, its down (looks like a maintenance screen though)

Paul Cowan

Mar 7, 2010, 8:23:06 AM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out.  I inadvertently deleted one of the config files.

I had to delete everything to regenerate all the builds against the stable castle descriptors.

It has nearly finished regenerating.

All will be good again in the world of horn soon.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Simone Busoli

Mar 7, 2010, 8:23:22 AM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Before it was an unhandled exception not finding an xml file.

Paul Cowan

Mar 7, 2010, 8:30:55 AM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Well is once again up now!

It is back in full action.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Simone Busoli

Mar 7, 2010, 6:32:18 PM3/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
I tried to give a quick look at how to checkout tags. Unluckily I cannot try it since I'm having countless issues with building horn on my machine, but since git can checkout tags just like branches the actual command line in GitSourceControl class, line 86, should be changed to avoid prepending "origin" to the tag name. From that point on it's just a local branch.

Paul Cowan

Mar 8, 2010, 2:32:19 AM3/8/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com

we actually have a branch by tgmayfield that has tags functionality.. we just need to stabilise the code

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 14:30, Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net> wrote:

> > Well is once again up now! > > It is back in full action. > > Cheers > > Paul Cowan > > Cutting-...

Simone Busoli

Mar 8, 2010, 3:13:35 PM3/8/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
good