rhino.commons broken?

Grimace of Despair

Mar 8, 2010, 9:21:25 AM3/8/10
to HORN Development
Is seems to me that the rhino.commons package is broken:

http://www.hornget.net/packages/frameworks/rhino.tools/rhino.commons/rhino.commons-trunk

This has probably come up in this forum before, but is there any way
to download previously succeeded builds? Or a plan to keep them online
until a new build succeeds?

Paul Cowan

Mar 8, 2010, 9:28:01 AM3/8/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this has been mentioned a few times.

Nothing has ever become of it though.  The door is open for anybody wanting to take on this task.

I had a look at the log for Rhino.Commons.  It is some boo version mix up it seems.

The amount of different boo .dlls doing the rounds is incredible.

I include horn in this mess also.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Grimace of Despair

Mar 10, 2010, 6:43:45 AM3/10/10
to HORN Development
Yeah, it's a bit ironic that hornget fell victim to this too. Luckily,
I've managed to get my local build going.

There were some reference issues from Rhino.Commons to SharedLibs.
Ayende has sorted them in subdirectories, while hornget puts them in
the root.

Also, I had to change some hornget boo to use msbuild instead of nant,
iirc. I can't remember which projects I had to do that for though.

If I find any time, I'd like to help out with fixing the online build.
I can't promise anything about it though, but it would be great to be
able to just download Rhino.Commons at last.

Regards,

Grimace

On 8 mrt, 15:28, Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net> wrote:
> Yes, this has been mentioned a few times.
>
> Nothing has ever become of it though.  The door is open for anybody wanting
> to take on this task.
>
> I had a look at the log for Rhino.Commons.  It is some boo version mix up it
> seems.
>
> The amount of different boo .dlls doing the rounds is incredible.
>
> I include horn in this mess also.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul Cowan
>
> Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)
>
> http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/
>

> On 8 March 2010 14:21, Grimace of Despair <grimaceofdesp...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Is seems to me that the rhino.commons package is broken:
>

> >http://www.hornget.net/packages/frameworks/rhino.tools/rhino.commons/...

> > This has probably come up in this forum before, but is there any way
> > to download previously succeeded builds? Or a plan to keep them online
> > until a new build succeeds?
>
> > --

> > horn-developme...@googlegroups.com<horn-development%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Cowan

Mar 10, 2010, 6:49:05 AM3/10/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you get Rhino.Commons building then I have a fork of the code we can use and I will update the horn rhino.commons descriptor to point to.

You could send me a pull request:

http://github.com/dagda1/rhino-commons

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

sbohlen

Mar 10, 2010, 3:35:31 PM3/10/10
to HORN Development
Ping me if you need assistance; I too would like to get this resolved
and can perhaps assist.

-Steve B.
sbohlen-at-gmail.com

On Mar 10, 6:43 am, Grimace of Despair <grimaceofdesp...@gmail.com>

Grimace of Despair

Mar 11, 2010, 3:52:02 PM3/11/10
to HORN Development
I'm a long time svn user and I've been monitoring git from the
sideline up until now. Looks like I need to dive into it, because I've
no idea how to do that yet. Got TortoiseGIT already installed
though :)

On Mar 10, 12:49 pm, Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you get Rhino.Commons building then I have a fork of the code we can use
> and I will update the horn rhino.commons descriptor to point to.
>
> You could send me a pull request:
>
> http://github.com/dagda1/rhino-commons
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul Cowan
>
> Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)
>
> http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/
>

> > <horn-development%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<horn-development%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Cowan

Mar 11, 2010, 4:11:40 PM3/11/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Jump in, the water is warm!!

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Paul Cowan

Mar 17, 2010, 6:12:40 AM3/17/10
to HORN Development
I updated my stack to MVC2 yesterday. Part of this upgrade involved
fixing those pesky boo libraries for Rhino.Commons.

It works for me but then again, I only really use Binsor.

You can get the latest Rhino.Commons from hornweb here:

http://hornget.net/packages/frameworks/rhino.tools/rhino.commons/rhino.commons-trunk

On 11 Mar, 21:11, Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net> wrote:
> Jump in, the water is warm!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul Cowan
>
> Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)
>
> http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

> > <horn-development%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<horn-development%252Bunsub scr...@googlegroups.com>

> > <horn-development%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<horn-development%25252Bu nsubs...@googlegroups.com>

> > <horn-development%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<horn-development%252Bunsub scr...@googlegroups.com>

Grimace of Despair

Mar 19, 2010, 4:16:32 AM3/19/10
to HORN Development
This was still in my queue :)

I think I'll be able to check it out next week. In meantime, I still
get "the download is unavailable" on your link. Does it need to build
still?

On Mar 17, 11:12 am, Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net> wrote:
> I updated my stack to MVC2 yesterday.  Part of this upgrade involved
> fixing those pesky boo libraries for Rhino.Commons.
>
> It works for me but then again, I only really use Binsor.
>
> You can get the latest Rhino.Commons from hornweb here:
>

> http://hornget.net/packages/frameworks/rhino.tools/rhino.commons/rhin...

Paul Cowan

Mar 19, 2010, 4:19:45 AM3/19/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
That was a bad link I pasted in, try this