Error "ComponentActivator: could not instantiate Horn.Core.SCM.GitSourceControl" in Windows x64

vas

Jan 21, 2010, 2:44:53 AM1/21/10
to HORN Development
Hello:

When I execute "hornbuild" fail test with 2 nonfatal errors. When I
try to execute horn.exe throw the exception "ComponentActivator: could
not instantiate Horn.Core.SCM.GitSourceControl" in line 40 of
WindsorDependencyResolver.cs class.

Does anyone know where the error can come?

Thanks and sorry for my English by google.

Paul Cowan

Jan 21, 2010, 3:45:06 AM1/21/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't think git is installed on your machine or perhaps the following entry is not in the PATH environment variable:

C:\Program Files\Git\cmd

You need the environment variable set to find the git.cmd file.

We could really do with a meaningful custom exception for this.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/