Multi-targetting

Roelof Blom

Jul 7, 2010, 1:28:56 PM7/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
[Created new subject so we don't pollute the original thread]

This will give an explosion of modes, like
mode debug-net35:
mode debug-net40:
mode debug-netsl:
mode aptca-net35:
etc etc

How about something like this? The parameters should be added to the current mode's parameters

  frameworkversion 4.0:
    switches:
parameters "/p:BuildConfigKey=NET40"
  frameworkversion 3.5:
    switches:
parameters "/p:BuildConfigKey=NET35"

-- Roelof.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net> wrote:
>> This is controlled by setting an MSBuild property named 'BuildConfigKey',
>>  which is either NET40, NET40CP, NET35, SL3, or SL4.
>> Would be nice if horn supported multi-targeting in some way.

We have mode functionality in horn, for example:

    mode debug:
        switches:
            parameters "project.config=debug", "sign=true","common.testrunner.enabled=false", "common.silverlight=false"

I think we need to add a .NET 4.0 mode and then get this called from the windows service that builds the downloadable packages for the hornget website. I tried to install .NET 4.0 on the webserver last night but got a generic trust failure or some such error. I'll try again tonight.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Jul 7, 2010, 6:17:13 PM7/7/10
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

>> How about something like this? The parameters should be added to the current mode's parameters

That would indeed work.

It makes sense to put them under the mode.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/