Two new gems: toadhopper and toadhopper-sinatra

Tim Lucas

Sep 16, 2009, 12:50:19 PM9/16/09
to hoptoad-no...@googlegroups.com
FYI I've just released two simple gems for hoptoad:

toadhopper - a simple base library that does the posting, filtering, etc
http://github.com/toolmantim/toadhopper

toadhopper-sinatra - a sinatra extension for posting notifications
http://github.com/toolmantim/toadhopper-sinatra

The latter allows you to send the error notification from within
Sinatra, which means you can render your own error page and not let
the error be passed through to rack.

-- tim

Corey Donohoe

Sep 16, 2009, 12:57:09 PM9/16/09
to hoptoad-no...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

I have one for rack that works well in sinatra,
http://github.com/atmos/rack_hoptoad. I'll take a look through your
code and see if I can reuse the gem library. We also use hoptoad
outside of web apps so toadhopper looks attractive.
--
Corey Donohoe
http://atmos.org

Tim Lucas

Sep 16, 2009, 1:08:43 PM9/16/09
On 17/09/2009, at 2:57 AM, Corey Donohoe wrote:

> I have one for rack that works well in sinatra,
> http://github.com/atmos/rack_hoptoad. I'll take a look through your
> code and see if I can reuse the gem library. We also use hoptoad
> outside of web apps so toadhopper looks attractive.

Yep, have been using yours until now.

You can't handle the error in the Sinatra app itself though can you,
you have to let the error pass through?

I want to do something like:

error do
post_error_to_hoptoad!
haml :error
end

Whilst github is down you can access the rdoc:
http://rdoc.info/projects/toolmantim/toadhopper
http://rdoc.info/projects/toolmantim/toadhopper-sinatra

hoptoad_rack should be able to use toadhopper pretty easily, that was
the idea at least.

-- tim