Preview of the v2 notifier API

Joe Ferris

Oct 9, 2009, 11:24:52 AM10/9/09
to Hoptoad Notifier Dev
Hey,

We plan to release version 2 of the Hoptoad error notification API
sometime in the upcoming weeks. We've put together documentation to
describe what's involved in using it: http://help.hoptoadapp.com/faqs/api-2/notifier-api-v2

If you're a notifier author, or would like to be, please let us know
if you have any questions or comments about this documentation or the
API itself.

Also, please note that if you're going to be using the API from Ruby,
we plan on releasing a version of the hoptoad_notifier plugin that
isn't tied to Rails, so that other frameworks and libraries can reuse
the official notifier code.

Thanks,
-Joe

Tim Lucas

Oct 11, 2009, 2:12:31 AM10/11/09
to hoptoad-no...@googlegroups.com
On 10/10/2009, at 2:24 AM, Joe Ferris wrote:

> We plan to release version 2 of the Hoptoad error notification API
> sometime in the upcoming weeks. We've put together documentation to
> describe what's involved in using it: http://help.hoptoadapp.com/faqs/api-2/notifier-api-v2
>
> If you're a notifier author, or would like to be, please let us know
> if you have any questions or comments about this documentation or the
> API itself.

Is the new API up and callable yet?

-- tim

Joe Ferris

Oct 11, 2009, 11:02:33 AM10/11/09
to Hoptoad Notifier Dev
Hey Tim,

No, it's not deployed to the productions servers yet. I'll post again
when it's available to try out live.

-Joe

Luca Marrocco

Nov 12, 2009, 4:04:45 PM11/12/09
to Hoptoad Notifier Dev
On Oct 9, 4:24 pm, Joe Ferris <joe.r.fer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We plan to release version 2 of the Hoptoad error notification API
> sometime in the upcoming weeks. We've put together documentation to
> describe what's involved in using it:http://help.hoptoadapp.com/faqs/api-2/notifier-api-v2

cool

> If you're a notifier author, or would like to be, please let us know
> if you have any questions or comments about this documentation or the
> API itself.

first impression is positive. added paramter like notifier information
will be usefull to understand how many error will be sendend by a
particular notifier. Do you think to publish this information in
future?

Luca

Joe Ferris

Nov 13, 2009, 11:26:08 AM11/13/09
to Hoptoad Notifier Dev
Hey Luca,

I'm glad to hear that the new API looks good to you so far. I'm not
sure if we'd publish notifier statistics, but I'll make sure to link
them on this list if we do.

Thanks,
-Joe
Message has been deleted