A Happy Hurt New Year!

1 view

Erin Mirocha

Jan 1, 2015, 1:42:18 PM1/1/15
to hopkinsulti...@googlegroups.com
Happy 2015!

Just wanted to remind everyone of a few things as we start our season:

- the blog has been updated!  www.hopkinsultimate.com - we've added a lot of new information, including an FAQ section, and a special Parent page.

- Practices start this Sunday, January 4th at WJH structure from 8-10pm.  It's important to note that everyone must go in through the main entrance.  If we let anyone in the Pool door or prop any other doors open, we will lose our privileges.

- We also have time on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-8pm at NJH structure.  I'm confirming with our coaches, but the Girls/JV will likely alternate on Tuesdays and Varsity will practice on Thursdays.

Practice Expectations:
- players should not wear their street shoes to practice in - this leads to dangerous puddles!
- tennis shoes or basketball/volleyball shoes are recommended for the structure.  Fashion sneakers will lead to ankle and knee injuries.
- it is likely that conditioning/running will occur right away at 8pm, thus a large dinner right before practice is not recommended.
- there will be other athletes using the space before we get there.  They will be respected, we usually wait in the hall until time.
- players should be ready (shoes on!) to warm up at the designated start time.
- On Sundays, we are the last club using the space so we have to be OUT by 10.  Coaches will do their best to wrap things up by 9:50pm so the kids can clear the space. Coaches don't leave until the last kid is picked up.
- The Sunday time slot is a late one!  We totally understand that it's not convenient to have to pick up a player at 10pm on a Sunday.  Please try to carpool with your neighbors, or have your player make arrangements with an upperclassmen for a ride.  If you will be picking up your athlete early, please make sure that they tell a coach at the beginning of practice so we can make adjustments to our practice plan if need be.
- each player should bring a light, a dark [Grays and pastels don't count!], a disc, and a reusable water bottle.

I'll be going over all of this with the kids on Sunday, but thought I'd give all the parents a heads up just in case!

Thanks! see you soon!
Erin

Erin Mirocha

Jan 1, 2015, 5:58:31 PM1/1/15
to hopkinsulti...@googlegroups.com
Correction: Tuesdays and Thursdays practice is from 7:30-9:30pm.  My fault.