Parent involvement needed!

Erin Mirocha

Jan 13, 2013, 1:13:26 PM1/13/13
to hopkinsulti...@googlegroups.com
Parents,

As we move into the winter/spring 2013 season and the final few months of Sara's reign as president, we are looking for volunteers to step into several Hurt/HERt positions.

There are over 75 kids registered for ultimate this spring, and organizing their activities is a lot of work.
Without parent volunteers, we are not able to participate in as many activities and will have to greatly restrict the number of tournaments we attend and the number of teams we can field.  There are a lot of different ways to volunteer, so please consider stepping up this year to ensure our 2013 season goes smoothly.  We literally cannot do it without you.

Immediate needs:
- Drivers for Varsity's Duluth Indoor tournament. This info is on the blog.  If we do not get enough parent drivers/chaperones, we will have to withdraw from the tourney.
- Team parents - with the sheer number of kids we have this year, I would really like to have more than one team parent if possible for the JV/Varsity teams.
- Rostering - in the past we've had a designated parent who deals with rosters, but Sara has been taking care of this lately.  I'd like to recreate this position.
- Hustle parent coordinator - Ben Feldman is already starting to plan the Hustle.  I would like someone to help him and Mama Brick out with the event.
- Chaperone!  Start thinking about traveling with the teams.  We'll be driving to Chicago (3/16-17), Madison (4/27-28), and Mason, Ohio (5/18-19) this year.  Please start looking at your calendars and consider being part of the traveling team.

Since Sara will be training in her replacement this spring, I'm hoping to get enough parent volunteers in supportive positions so that she has time to pass the torch.

There is a Board meeting scheduled for January 30th at 7pm at Sara's house.  Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
We try to make your child's experience with Hopkins Ultimate the best we can, but we need help to do our best.

If you'd like to be a part of the core of Family, please email Sara and let her know what you're willing to do: seme...@gmail.com
More volunteer positions will surely appear before the Spring Registration meeting as well.

If you want to chat about any of these positions, please call me.
Erin

952-484-7316