Hurt Fundraising and fall tournament signups.

1 view

Erin Mirocha

Sep 21, 2014, 12:36:44 PM9/21/14
to hopkinsulti...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

As many of you know, our first Blitz effort is today starting at noon.  The participation level is, well, lackluster.  Please take a moment to look at the post and sign up on the signup genius as soon as possible.  Parent drivers are really important.

http://hurtult.blogspot.com/2014/09/registration-blitz-reminder.html

I wanted to make sure that all of you were aware that player and parent participation in these events is mandatory.  We know that life happens, so if you are really unable to attend either event, please reply to this email so we can account for you.  Attendance at fundraising events will influence things like whether your player will be allowed to go to HBTS.  I also look at participation in these events when I make the Varsity/JV/C rosters.  It's only 2 days, but to be frank: our entire season and the tournaments we can send teams to depends on it.

In short, fundraisers like these make everyone's life easier.  We apply this money to scholarship opportunities, we often apply it to club wide activities, and it goes towards tournament fees.  Every player benefits from the fundraiser money, and the more participation we get, the more money goes back to the family.

There are other signups available on the blog for the two tournaments this fall.  I'd encourage you to have a look at those as well.  We are hoping to send two teams to HBTS (Canada), but if we don't get 12 girls signed up we will not be able to do that.  Again, please check in with your player, check your passports, and signup for these items as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Erin