February Hurt Update

Erin Mirocha

Feb 4, 2014, 9:30:28 PM2/4/14
to hopkinsulti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parents,

So there are a couple things I wanted to bring to your attention.

1) The St. John's Indoor really needs more parent drivers.  No kids will be driving to the tournament.  Right now I have one parent signed up to drive for the Saturday shift, which isn't enough to transport 2 teams (let alone 1 team) out to Collegeville.  Please visit the Sign Up Genius.  If we can't get enough drivers, I will have to tell the tournament director that we can't participate.  I want to be able to make this decision by this Friday afternoon.

2) There are some clinic opportunities coming up in March.  I'll post this on the blog soon, but wanted to give all of you a head start.

Rise Up is an organization that is partnering with MNYU to provide clinics for both players and coaches.  Registration for their events is here: https://uttc.launchtrack.com/ - Please note that as our sport continues to grow, parents will eventually be in a position to coach 3rd-8th grade teams (kind of like basketball and other varsity sports).  I'm not saying that this is happening anytime soon, but I do want to make sure you know that ANYONE is allowed to attend coaching clinics.  You don't have to be a certified anything to go to those.  So if you're interested in learning more about ultimate, or how to teach throwing etc., consider attending yourself!

Registration is also open for quite a few summer ultimate camps:
http://www.nextlevelultimate.com/
http://chicagoultimatetraining.com/
http://www.edgeultimate.com/contact
http://www.ussportscamps.com/ultimate/

Others should have 2014 dates soon:
http://nutc.net/

3) Spring Registration Meeting is February 18th - I'm on a mission to meet all of my players' parents (theoretically I'll meet 180!), so please make an appearance.  The Spring meeting differs from the fall meeting in that each of the teams (Varsity, JV x2, Girls) will also have time separately to go over specifics related to their team.

Please do what you can to get any new parents to the meeting.  We have some exciting fundraisers coming up; Hustle is our biggest annual family event; and there's also new team merch: http://www.vsacustom.com/hurt.aspx

See you soon!
Erin