Paralympic shooters - contributions to Wikipedia articles

Patricia Ollerenshaw

Aug 29, 2019, 11:03:08 PM8/29/19
to ho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
Hope all is well and everyone is looking forward to the Tokyo Paralympics in August 2020. Japan is celebrating this event for the second time, the previous Games being held in Tokyo in 1964. Elizabeth Edmondson and Michael Dow, both Gold medallists, would have great memories of these historic Games, wouldn’t you Elizabeth,  I feel sure that you are reading this email ?

As you may know I have been working on articles about the shooters from the 2000 Sydney Paralympic Games. Check out  Peter Worsley’s article en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Worsley_(sport_shooter), who competed at three  successive Paralympics from 1996.  I am asking if you would jog your memory / search through your memorabilia for contact details and any other memorabilia / leads, that may include James Nomarhas and Peter Tait, both air/free pistol shooters. Peter won a Silver medal at the 2000 Sydney Games. I always like to make personal contact if its possible. It may provide additional contributions and research.

If you wish to contact me by email or phone to discuss the above, my details are listed below (email address attached). Otherwise please send me your mobile number and I will contact you at your convenience.
I look forward to your assistance in contributing to Wikipedia articles. The history project which is the story of the Australian Paralympic Movement is captured through Wikipedia.

Cheerio for now, Patricia

Patricia Ollerenshaw
Researcher  Volunteer
Paralympics Australia
Building A 1 Herb Elliott Avenue
SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK  NSW  2127
Mob: 0417 407 880

Elizabeth Mills

Aug 30, 2019, 4:42:59 AM8/30/19
to ho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pat,

I have my athletes pass from 1964, high security as I had to write my own name!
image1.jpeg

Regards
Elizabeth