Paralympic Stories

Tony Naar

Apr 16, 2019, 5:20:22 AM4/16/19
to ho...@googlegroups.com

Dear HOPAU contributor,

In case you missed it, last Saturday marked a special milestone for the Australian Paralympic history project – the e-history website, “Paralympic Stories”, was officially launched. The website brings together the key elements from the history project so far.

One core element is that throughout the website there are links to associated Wikipedia articles, where visitors to the website can go for more information.

Wikipedia articles created through this project continue to be collectively accessed at the rate of 120,000 times a month. And that increases to close to 2 million pageviews during a summer Games period! There is obviously a need that has been addressed by this project and particularly by the efforts of the HOPAU team.

If you have edited just one article, or if you have edited hundreds (as some have done), you have made an important contribution to a project that has raised awareness within the Australian and international communities.

I want to thank you for the role you have played in getting the project to this stage. The site wouldn’t exist and the project wouldn’t be where it is without your contribution and that of many others.

While there is still some way to go in the project, the launch of “Paralympic Stories” is a key stage.

I really hope that you like the website and that you feel that your involvement has been worthwhile.

You can visit the site here: https://paralympichistory.org.au/

Here is where you can read the media release from Paralympics Australia that announced the launch: https://www.paralympic.org.au/paralympics-australia-celebrates-its-history-with-launch-of-paralympic-stories/.

I would really value any feedback you may have. If you would like to continue to contribute to the project, that would be wonderful – please just let me know. There are many jobs still to be done!

Thanks again for your support for this project. It has been a pleasure to work with you on it.

Regards,

TN

Tony Naar

Facilitator