Harry Moseby

Greg Blood

Oct 31, 2018, 9:52:04 PM10/31/18
to ho...@googlegroups.com
Hello Julie

We believe we may have found another indigenous Paralympian - amputee Harry Moseby who was an
amputee in the 1976 Toronto team. At the time he was living in WA but originally from Torres Strait.

Eric was on the 1976 team. Can you ask him if he know anything about Harry ?

I hope both of you are going well.

Regards

Greg

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Aug 2018, at 4:29 pm, Julie Russell <julier...@outlook.com.au> wrote:

What about Erich Hubel?

On 21 Aug. 2018, at 10:16 am, Tony Naar <tony...@gmail.com> wrote:

Laura,

I will give this some more thought, but one that I know that is not easy to find the trail for is Marion O’Brien (nee Edwards). She competed for England at the 1960 Rome Paralympics and at the 1962 Commonwealth Paraplegic Games in Perth. She then married Australian Chris O’Brien (who she had met in Rome) and competed for Australia at the 1964 and 1968 Paralympics before the relationship ended and she moved back to England. I think she should be the same O’Brien who again competed for GB in 1972 but I am not sure about that.

Her Wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_O%27Brien) is very basic and misses entirely her Rome and Perth participation (and medals), her name change and personal history.

There is footage of her wedding to Chris at the end of the official film that was made about the 1962 Commonwealth Paraplegic Games.

Another off the top of my head is Abebe Fekadu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abebe_Fekadu). His is a great story.

Also Tu Huynh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_Huynh).

It would be great if Elizabeth, Lyn and Libby, as well as Julie and Eric, could give this some thought, as I am sure that they will be aware of others from the 60s, 70s and 80s that we may otherwise miss.

Just wondering why you are putting this together?

Regards,

TN

Tony Naar

Facilitator

Australian Paralympic History Project

0418 684 108

tony...@gmail.com

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

Oct 31, 2018, 10:14:19 PM10/31/18
to ho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg
Eric is in Qld at the moment but I have forwarded your message and will remind him when next he rings.
All good here
Cheers, Julie