Sydney Workshop

Tony Naar

Oct 29, 2018, 9:19:13 PM10/29/18
to ho...@googlegroups.com

The Australian Paralympic history project workshop on the weekend was very valuable.

Although we had an 'elite' roll-out of just seven people over the two days, we picked up one fantastic new contributor, Cecelia Hutchinson-Parsons, who had just finished a week long stint as a volunteer at the Invictus Games. For her first edit, Cecelia created a Wikipedia article about the Iceroos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_men%27s_national_para_ice_hockey_team) and helped update the 2018 Invictus Games article.

Ross Mallett and Greg Blood came down from Canberra and - as always - it was wonderful to benefit from their experience and ideas. Gary Osmond joined us from the Uni of Queensland, the APC's history project partner. The APC's longest serving volunteer, Patricia Ollerenshaw, was with us on Saturday. Pat is working on articles about shooters at the 2000 Paralympics at the moment (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Worsley_(shooter)).

It was great to receive a visit from APC CEO Lynne Anderson and to be joined on Saturday by the APC General Manager Communications, Tim Mannion. Lynne spoke about how valuable the project was to the APC and how much it was appreciated.

While this mailing list has more than 60 people and many more have been involved at different times over the years, creating and updating Wikipedia articles about Australian Paralympic sport relies almost exclusively on a handful of volunteers, who do an incredible job of constantly reviewing and updating articles and creating new articles as required.

As a result of discussions on the weekend, we have decided that we will now pursue a 'small scale' approach of catch-ups in the cities where we have active editors and seek to expand these groups by individual contact and one-on-one support.

We desperately need to expand the core group of contributors to maintain this unbelievable project.

If you have been part of the project in the past and have become inactive, I strongly urge you to get back into it. There is still so much more to be done!

Regards,

TN

Tony Naar

Facilitator

Australian Paralympic History Project

0418 684 108

tony...@gmail.com

History2 email signature #2

History sig #2

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

Keith.Lyons

Oct 29, 2018, 11:30:20 PM10/29/18
to ho...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for this update, Tony. I hope to be of some help from Braidwood.

Best wishes

Keith