RIP Don Worley

Tony Naar

Jan 5, 2020, 7:24:56 PM1/5/20
to ho...@googlegroups.com

I have just received the attached notice through Julie Russell. Sadly, Don Worley died on New Year’s Eve.

Don made an enormous contribution to the history project. Through him, we have a trove of material from the 1970s and 1980s , a time that would otherwise be almost undocumented, especially in video and still images. His role in filming Games (Paralympic, FESPIC and National) from that time has left a unique record. His generosity in sharing it with the whole history project is an amazing legacy.

I visited Don and had lunch with him on 28 November, when I was in Adelaide for Kieran’s Modra’s funeral, and he gave me yet another bundle of material for the history project. Although he was also not quite his usual self, he was as independent as always, so this is a shock. Those who attended the workshop in Adelaide a few years ago will remember Don and his interest in the project and what a nice person he was.

Regards,

TN

Tony Naar

Facilitator