cmake and pybind error when installing hoomd-blue

WeiCheChang

May 9, 2023, 5:22:15 AM5/9/23
to hoomd-users
Dear all:
I'm WeiChe Chang, a student studying polymer simulation at National Taiwan University. I'm now trying hoomd to simulate polymers. However, when I tried to install hoomd from source, I met some error about cmake and pybind11. Both Windows and Linux I tried met the same error. Could anyone tell me how can I fix this error? Thanks.

Best regards,
WeiChe Chang
error.png

Brandon Butler

May 9, 2023, 10:45:27 AM5/9/23
to hoomd...@googlegroups.com

Hello WeiChe Chang,

The error is that cmake cannot find where pybind11 is installed. You can use install_prereq_headers.py in the repo to install pybind11 if you are having trouble doing so on your system. Normally using a tool like apt, yum, pacman should just work for an install of pybind11 though on linux. Also, you don't mention your environment, but I would also recommend a virtual environment such as venv makes to install hoomd into.

Best,

Brandon

Brandon Butler
MolSSI Fellow
PhD Candidate, Chemical Engineering and Scientific Computing | Glotzer Lab, University of Michigan
Email: butl...@umich.edu