A few contract terms I'm not sure of

Jon Johanning

May 19, 2021, 12:11:06 AM5/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I am working on a contract (against my better judgment, I take these things on sometimes), and need guidance on a few terms.

The title of the contract is 製造委託取引基本契約書, and the parties to it are referred to as 委託者 and 受託者. One party is clearly giving orders for equipment to be made by the other, and I am tentatively translating the title as “Basic Contract for Commissioning Manufacturing Transactions” and the 委託者 and 受託者 as the “consignor" and “consignee," respectively.

Also, there is a sentence which begins: 受託者が、委託者が所有する支給心を滅失、毀損、紛失し、又は盗難を受け、その他使用に適さない場合は … I can’t understand 支給心 — “the heart of the supply”?

TIA,

Jon Johanning

Motohiro Kojima

May 19, 2021, 12:19:53 AM5/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Jon Johanning様

On Wed, 19 May 2021 00:11:01 -0400
Jon Johanning様 wrote:
|Also, there is a sentence which begins: 受託者が、委託者が所有する支給
|心を滅失、毀損、紛失し、又は盗難を受け、その他使用に適さない場合は …
|I can’t understand 支給心 ? “the heart of the supply”?

Maybe typo of "支給品" ?

2021.05.19 13:17:46
===================================
小島基弘 <mthr...@imoduru.net>

Dr. M. S. Niranjan

May 19, 2021, 12:20:07 AM5/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Must be 支給品

On 2021/05/19 9:41, Jon Johanning wrote:
支給心

Dr. M. S. Niranjan

May 19, 2021, 12:20:38 AM5/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Must be 支給品
ニランジャン
(Dr. M. S. Niranjan)

Herman

May 19, 2021, 2:39:45 AM5/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 5/18/21 9:11 PM, Jon Johanning wrote:
> I am working on a contract (against my better judgment, I take these
> things on sometimes), and need guidance on a few terms.
>
> The title of the contract is 製造委託取引基本契約書, and the parties to
> it are referred to as 委託者 and受託者. One party is clearly giving
> orders for equipment to be made by the other, and I am tentatively
> translating the title as “Basic Contract for Commissioning Manufacturing
> Transactions” and the 委託者 and 受託者 as the “consignor"
> and “consignee," respectively.

I don't know if there is a standard translation for these terms, but I
believe the equivalent sort of contract is typically referred to as a
"master manufacturing agreement", and the parties thereto as the
"customer" and "supplier".

Herman Kahn

Joe Jones

May 19, 2021, 8:09:27 AM5/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I got so frustrated by bad translations of the word 委託 that I wrote a whole article about it: https://djjon.es/?p=705

May 19, 2021, 10:56:57 AM5/19/21
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Thanks to all the repliers; I found all of the replies very helpful. The term 支給心 was especially frustrating, and I didn't think of 支給品.

Jon Johanning