Shape-up training

Warren Smith

Mar 12, 2021, 5:15:41 PM3/12/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com

"シェイプアップトレーニング” appears in contrast to "strength training" and "endurance training" functions of exercise equipment.

Am I correct in assuming from context that this means "body toning" or "body sculpting"? Or perhaps it is "weight-loss training"...

Any denizens of Japanese gyms out there?

Thanks,

Warren Smith

Herman

Mar 12, 2021, 7:40:24 PM3/12/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 2021-03-12 14:15, Warren Smith wrote:
> "シェイプアップトレーニング” appears in contrast to "strength training"
> and "endurance training" functions of exercise equipment.
>
> Am I correct in assuming from context that this means "body toning" or
> "body sculpting"? Or perhaps it is "weight-loss training"...

Practically speaking, it is probably closer to "weight-loss training",
but the term シェイプアップ itself means more broadly "getting into shape" (and
thus can include any sort of training done for this purpose, including
strength training and endurance training), so I suppose that if you
don't want to use "shape-up training", "training for getting into shape"
or "training for improving one's figure" would be two possibilities.

Herman Kahn