On joining the Wordfast fan group

Jon Johanning

Apr 1, 2021, 12:45:36 PM4/1/21
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
I have recently starting using Wordfast, and find it much better for my purposes at least than memoQ, which I used to use.

This is because 1) it is much simpler for me to figure out, 2) it is cheaper, and 3) it has a Mac version, so I don't have to use Parallels. Do others have the same opinion? (Notice that I'm not mentioning Trados, which I have never used, at all.)

One little problem I have encountered, which I might need to consult the Wordfast support resources about, is that once in a while, while moving my mouse and doing something or other with my other hand, I accidentally make the window zoom in greatly, and I can't figure out any way to get it back to normal besides quitting and rebooting. Does anyone know another way? This, by the way, is a problem with all the CAT tools I have investigated: their documentation and user manuals, when they exist, are very skimpy.

Jon Johanning

Rene

Apr 1, 2021, 2:50:50 PM4/1/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 1:45 AM Jon Johanning <jjoha...@igc.org> wrote:
I have recently starting using Wordfast, and find it much better for my purposes at least than memoQ, which I used to use.

This is because 1) it is much simpler for me to figure out, 2) it is cheaper, and 3) it has a Mac version, so I don't have to use Parallels. Do others have the same opinion? (Notice that I'm not mentioning Trados, which I have never used, at all.)

I love Wordfast Classic, but I am not impressed with Wordfast Pro, which I assume you are referring to. Wf Pro to me looks just like one more of these table-style sausage factory tools, like Trados, MemoQ, DejaVu etc etc. Also Pro has the reputation of being a little unstable, which you seem to have noticed. That said, if you ask on the Wf group, you usually get answers very quickly.

Rene