Re: Digest for honyaku@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics

Rich Look

Jan 15, 2021, 10:28:06 AM1/15/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Let me add to the expressions of gratitude!

Although I rarely encounter them professionally, many times I’ve been asked by acquaintances to translate the script on old woodblock prints, etc. and in the past I’ve been stymied. This site will open the doors for me like magic to a world I’d given up as indecipherable (well, more like the cop-out of thinking, “more trouble than it’s worth”).
Thank you, Mr. Hadamitzky!

Rich Look
610 Julia Street
New Orleans LA 70130
Mobile: (917) 697-8077

On Jan 15, 2021, at 6:01 AM, hon...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Alejandro Mora Alba <bache...@gmail.com>: Jan 13 02:43PM -0600

Omg thank you!!!! How exciting!

"Warren Smith" <Warren...@Comcast.net>: Jan 15 02:59AM -0500

Wow. This is amazing! I can't even imagine what it must have taken to put
this together.

Warren Smith

PS: Thank you, Wolfgang, for the impact you have had on my life. As a
student back in the early 1980s, the book by you and Mark Spahn provided
some of the first exposure I had to Japanese writing -- causing me to spend
untold thousands of hours staring at Japanese characters for my career over
the next nearly 40 years!

_____