.TMX and .TBX Files Invisible from within Trados (A Mac User New to Windows)

Miki Allen

May 27, 2021, 2:15:12 AM5/27/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Hi, everyone:

I recall that there used to be the Honyaku OSX group.  Does any of you happen to know if that is continuing somewhere on the cyberspace?

Recently I installed Trados Studio 2021 and Windows 10 on my Mac OS Big Sur using Parallels.

I have created .TMX and .TBX files using WordFast Pro 5.12.1 on the Mac side.

I copied these TM and glossary files to the Windows side by using a USB drive.

However, I cannot import these files into Trados because they are invisible from within Trados.

I know that it is difficult to find a translator in the same working environment as mine, but could anyone tell me what is wrong?  I am hoping that some of you use both WordFast Pro and Trados.

Thank you –

** Miki **

Miki Allen

mi...@dmallenjpn.net

Miki Allen

May 27, 2021, 11:15:24 PM5/27/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Hi, everyone:

I have not received a reply in this group yet. . .

However, someone pointed out to me that I should just drag the TMX and TBX files into the Document folder in the normal way, as opposed to trying to copy/place them  into the Document folder accessible from “This PC” folder. They became visible from within Trados!

I still wonder if there are many people who use Trados on Mac.

I am even considering to hire someone who can help me as my “personal coach” to smoothly transition to Trados and Windows 10 OS on Mac. If interested, please directly e-mail me.

Thank you.