Long-term into-Japanese collaboration....

Warren Smith

Feb 24, 2021, 2:55:00 PM2/24/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Having turned down many into-Japanese patent translation projects over the past several years, I'm at the point where I am looking for a partner to handle into-Japanese translation work. Given how OCD I am about my translation process, relinquishing control of part of my business to somebody else will be difficult for me, but I guess it is time to do so.

I am seeking a highly experienced JNS translator (15+ years (?) experience, with a substantial portion of this focusing nearly exclusively on patent translation) for long-term loose collaboration, taking the into-Japanese jobs that I am frequently offered. The individual must have the technical acumen that enables an understanding of disclosed technologies beyond superficial comprehension of technical language. Additionally, my practice is known for being able to deal with high volumes work and nearly impossible deadlines, so I am seeking a partner who is like-minded in this regard. I am seeking a seasoned professional who can run the entire Japanese side (including pricing, quality control, customer queries, appearance at depositions if necessary, etc.).

Basically, I am seeking an into-Japanese partner who will receive the benefit of my market presence (and of course the large majority of the revenue), handling the full into-Japanese back-end while I handle the customer-facing front-end.

If anybody is interested in such a relationship, please contact me.

Warren Smith

JapanesePatentTranslation.com