Meaning of 黄とう

Jon Johanning

Sep 18, 2021, 4:26:37 PM9/18/21
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Hi Honyakkers,

I can't seem to find out what shade of yellow this is anywhere. What would it be?

Jon Johanning

Alan Siegrist

Sep 18, 2021, 4:40:05 PM9/18/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Jon Johanning writes:

Subject: Meaning of 黄とう

Hi Honyakkers,

I can't seem to find out what shade of yellow this is anywhere. What would it be?

Well, it could be 黄燈色, which a Google image search suggests is an orange or yellow-orange shade.

Best,

Alan Siegrist

Monterey, CA, USA

Matthew Schlecht

Sep 18, 2021, 4:45:08 PM9/18/21
to Honyaku
On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 4:40 PM Alan Siegrist <AlanFS...@comcast.net> wrote:

Jon Johanning writes:

Hi Honyakkers,

I can't seem to find out what shade of yellow this is anywhere. What would it be?

Well, it could be 黄燈色, which a Google image search suggests is an orange or yellow-orange shade.

That would appear to be borne out by the following article title:

湿潤亜熱帯石垣島の黄とう色の土壌中のレピドクロサイト
Occurrence of lepidocrocite of a yellow orange colored soil in humid sub-tropical region

Matthew Schlecht, PhD
Word Alchemy Translation, Inc.
Newark, DE, USA
wordalchemytranslation.com

Ayako Anderson

Sep 18, 2021, 5:21:19 PM9/18/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 18, 2021, at 1:26 PM, Jon Johanning <jjoha...@igc.org> wrote:

Hi Honyakkers,

I can't seem to find out what shade of yellow this is anywhere. What would it be?

Jon Johanning

Could it be Touou instead?

Ayako Anderson

Jon Johanning

Sep 18, 2021, 9:07:35 PM9/18/21
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Yes, I think it's yellow-orange. Thanks to all.

Jon Johanning

Rene

Sep 19, 2021, 1:31:24 AM9/19/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com