Any interest in follow-up discussion on AI and translation?

Tom Gally

Mar 18, 2024, 8:13:59 AMMar 18
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Dear Honyakkers,

We’re coming up on the anniversary of the online discussion I organized last March 31 about LLMs and translation. A summary of that discussion is here:

Is anybody interested in taking part in a follow-up discussion over Zoom? I personally have been wondering how translators might have been affected by the technological changes and how people are adapting.

If there’s enough interest, the discussion will take place between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on Saturday, March 30, Japan time. As before, a video of the discussion will be made available for a limited time to people who register in advance but are unable to take part in real time.

But first I want to know if there is enough interest. If you would like to take part, please reply either to the list or to me.

All the best,

Tom Gally

D S

Mar 18, 2024, 12:57:19 PMMar 18
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Yes 💯

cpta...@ozemail.com.au

Mar 19, 2024, 4:49:19 AMMar 19
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Sure!

Bill Lise

Mar 19, 2024, 5:43:39 AMMar 19
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I was not part of the first discussion, but am interested in participating in the discussion this time.

リゼ ウィリアム
Bill Lise

Tom Gally

Mar 19, 2024, 7:46:46 AMMar 19
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Many thanks to those who have expressed interest. I will hold the online discussion on the morning of March 30 Japan time.

If you wish to take part, please register through the following form before March 28:

And please feel free to forward the following link announcing the event to colleagues and others who might be interested:

I am looking forward to our discussion.

All the best,

Tom Gally