French, Indian, Russian, Norwegian names

KIKO Sumi

Nov 28, 2020, 2:04:40 AM11/28/20
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Hi, Yakkers,

These are words I couldn't find pronunciations by any means.
So, if you know any hints of them, please let me know in カタカナ.
I would appreciate a lot of you could give me any hints of them.

a. Bejage……French surname

b. Ackabe……Canadian surname(native American)

c. Maryomkina……Russian surname

d. Asseereegurh……Indian place name(where a castle used to be)

e. Fidjelands Siktekikkert……name of a company in Norway

Thank you very much for reading my message.

KIKO Sumi
E to J non-fiction translator in Chiba

Stephen Suloway

Nov 28, 2020, 2:12:50 AM11/28/20
to hon...@googlegroups.com

> KIKO Sumi wrote:
>
> d. Asseereegurh……Indian place name(where a castle used to be)

Spelled many ways, seems Asseerghur is one of the most common = アッシールグル

Bejage may be more German than French in origin/pronunciation.

Regards,
Stephen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Stephen Suloway

Dr. M. S. Niranjan

Nov 28, 2020, 3:48:38 AM11/28/20
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 2020/11/28 12:34, KIKO Sumi wrote:
> d. Asseereegurh……Indian place name(where a castle used to be)
This spelled now as Aasirgarh and written in Hindi asअसीरगढ़which is
pronounced as 'Asirgadh' アシールガド.
There are many place names in north India that end in garh which is
pronounced gadh rather than garh.

Dr. M. S. Niranjan
Bangalore, India

KIKO Sumi

Nov 28, 2020, 5:05:59 AM11/28/20
to Honyaku E<>J translation list

Stephen Sulowayさん
Thank you very much for your input.

> d. Asseereegurh……Indian place name(where a castle used to be)

>Spelled many ways, seems Asseerghur is one of the most common = アッシールグル

And Niranjanさん、

Thank you very much for your Hindi spelling and reading of " アシールガド"

I will take both ways, because there is another spelling "Asirgarh" to be translated.

KIKO Sumi

2020年11月28日土曜日 17:48:38 UTC+9 Dr. M. S. Niranjan:

Richard Sadowsky

Nov 29, 2020, 5:04:03 AM11/29/20
to Honyaku Google
Kiko-san,

Try Google Translate.
Select the language to translate from on the left side and in the bottom left corner is an audio icon to listen to the pronunciation in that language. But good luck listening to "Fidjelands Siktekikkert" in Norwegian!

Best regards,
Richard S.

KIKO Sumi

Nov 30, 2020, 1:47:20 AM11/30/20
to Honyaku E<>J translation list

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Richardさん。
I will use Google Translation as the last method.
But if no one knows the pronunciations, no one can blame me of wrong readings!

I am interested in that mailing list.
Thank you very much for your invitation.

KIKO Sumi
<E to J non-fiction translator in Chiba>
2020年11月29日日曜日 19:04:03 UTC+9 Richard Sadowsky:

Rene

Nov 30, 2020, 10:01:34 AM11/30/20
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Select the language to translate from on the left side and in the bottom left corner is an audio icon to listen to the pronunciation in that language. But good luck listening to "Fidjelands Siktekikkert" in Norwegian

The Norwegian pronounciation is correct, however I don´t have clue as to how to render it in Katakana.

Rene

KIKO Sumi

Dec 1, 2020, 5:23:22 AM12/1/20
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Reneさん、
I will try to hear Google Translation pronunciation.
That's a great help!
I really appreciate your kindness.

KIKO Sumi
<E to J non-fiction translator in Chiba"

2020年12月1日火曜日 0:01:34 UTC+9 Rene: