E to J Push out (supply chain)

Geoffrey Trousselot

Oct 3, 2022, 12:19:11 AM10/3/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I'm finding "push out" is used in the supply chain industry, but no explanation is given. It is as if the general meaning to push something out is equivalent in meaning.

I have done searches for "pushed out orders" and find phrases such as "As the pushed-out orders come back into the backlog, they won't be recounted as new orders"

So I guess "push outs" are "orders pushed out of the backlog"
But at the same time, they seem different from cancellations.

Any experience with this term.

Thanks. Geoffrey Trousselot

Herman

Oct 3, 2022, 1:22:58 AM10/3/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com
"Push-outs" are orders for which the customer has requested a later
shipment date. I don't think the term itself implies "pushed out of the
backlog".

Herman Kahn

Dan Lucas

Oct 3, 2022, 1:35:27 AM10/3/22
to Geoff Trousselot, Honyaku E<>J translation list
In my experience, postponed.

Geoffrey Trousselot

Oct 3, 2022, 1:37:07 AM10/3/22
to Dan Lucas, Honyaku E<>J translation list
Thanks Dan!

Geoffrey Trousselot

Oct 3, 2022, 4:51:01 AM10/3/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com