TMX files when using interchangeably between Trados and Memsource

Geoffrey Trousselot

Jan 14, 2021, 9:29:55 PM1/14/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
The formatting for field information is different in TMX files made by Trados and those made by Memsource.

I can't find any information on the Web discussing this particular issue.

Currently in my quest to make combined memories with adequate field data, I have to check each memory manually. Is that the best I can do?

Matthew Schlecht

Jan 15, 2021, 12:29:32 AM1/15/21
to Honyaku
I don't know if this will solve your problem, but I use X-Bench to change between formats and combine several TMs with different formats.
It is quite versatile at doing this.
You can find information at: https://www.xbench.net/
and you can use it for free during a trial period.

Matthew Schlecht, PhD
Word Alchemy Translation, Inc.
Newark, DE, USA
wordalchemytranslation.com

Rene

Jan 15, 2021, 12:34:02 AM1/15/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed this too. I suppose you can write a macro to replace these lines?

Rene von Rentzell
Tokyo